8 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 2:20 PM by RjL190365

I'm looking a machine with the following specs . . . Is this enough to use creative cloud - specifically Ae and Premiere pro?

gtrdirect

I'm looking a machine with the following specs . . . Is this enough to use CC well - specifically After Effects and Premiere pro? I really wanted to go Apple, but I didn't want an I-mac (I already have a monitor that I love), and I keep hearing that the MacMini is not going to work - even with the i7 processor and 16 gigs of RAM, this machine is more powerful, and the same price, so I can stick with Windows if that is the case, but again, is this really enough? Is the video card the right one? I am checking to insure there is room for a second and possibly a third hard drive as well. I also will be checking with the manufacturer to make sure that I can expand to 64 GB RAM or even 128 GB if I want to later.

I appreciate any and all advice, but I am a total newbie. I have 12 years of NLE experience, but I've never built my own rig - so to speak, A lot of the real nitty gritty is still foreign to me, so if you could dumb it down, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Windows 8.1 64

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K processor quad-core [3.7GHz, 10MB Shared Cache]

32GB DDR3-1600MHz [4 DIMMs]

4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 [DVI, HDMI, DP, DVI to VGA adapter]

Integrated Sound, Envy Audio; Beats Audio

16GB SSD Disk Cache

3TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

No Secondary HDD

HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n

15-in-1 Multi-slot Media Card Reader, 4 USB Ports (Front/Top), Audio [Front 2USB2.0, Top 2USB3.0]

Thanks!