4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 5:17 AM by Jim Wilde

LR CC not that fast, esp. 1:1

Steve Zeeeee Level 1

This LR CC with GPU  acceleration is NOT that faster.  1:1 take 13 sec instead of 15 sec.

Also, since forever, these 1:1 previews, built for 60 days, DO NOT last 60 days.  In fact I often have

to rebuild them after a few days.  Sometimes after a few hours.  Sometimes after a few minutes.

yes of course Library module.

Anyone else? Am i making some obvious mistake?

mac 10.10.3

LR CC

raw 9.0

• 1. Re: LR CC not that fast, esp. 1:1
          Jim Wilde Level 5

You're possibly misunderstanding how 1:1 previews work, especially in relation to how long they last.

Put simply, when you edit a photo the existing library preview is replaced with a new preview, which initially is only of large thumbnail size. When you next bring the image into the Library module in the Loupe, a new standard-size preview is automatically built. Thus if you started with a 1:1 preview, then edited the image, the best you would end up with is a standard preview.

1:1 previews are great for reviewing images, especially for focus checking, in the Library module....and that the 1:1 preview will remain until you start to edit the picture, after which it's gone.

The GPU feature in its current implementation offers benefit only in certain Develop functions. It does not, therefore, yet provide any assistance in 1:1 preview rendering, so it's no surprise that the 1:1 preview rendering time is pretty similar to LR5. That's what my own testing reveals as well.

• 2. Re: LR CC not that fast, esp. 1:1
            Steve Zeeeee Level 1

thank you

and sometimes they NEVER finish loading

and then the last thing done was render 1:1 previews,

and then you come back to look the next day, no changes applied,

you have to do it all over again

• 3. Re: LR CC not that fast, esp. 1:1
              Steve Zeeeee Level 1

So i just built a bunch of 1:1's, go out for a while, come back

and start viewing and 25% of them I get  "loading".  Not as long

as a regular preview, but still, many seconds per picture.

Hate that.

• 4. Re: LR CC not that fast, esp. 1:1
                Jim Wilde Level 5

That sounds like a different problem, because that really shouldn't happen. It's odd, though, that it's only a portion of them doing that, so are you certain that you'd selected all the photos that you'd built the 1:1s for? Assuming you had, then I'm stumped as to why most are OK, but some are not.