5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 10:41 AM by Peter Spier

Can't print custom paper sizes on New Laserjet Pro 400 M401dne

weedreid

I just bought a new Laserjet Pro 400 M401dne printer. (Upgrading from 16 year old Laserjet 6MP) I upgraded because when I got my new Macbook pro (Im running OS 10.8.5) I couldn't find a compatible print driver for my old Laserjet 6mp that would allow me to continue printing to custom paper sizes. (5.5 X 8.5, 4 x 6, etc.) Now, this "fancy new printer" won't do it either!!!!! Also, I have lost the option to output my files at "hight resolution". I USED to have 5 different resolution options with the old printer. (Ranging from Draft to Maximum resolution) Now, with the new printer, all I have is 3, "Draft", "Normal" or "Best", BUT the "Best" option is GRAYED OUT!!! UGH!!!!!! Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix both (or either) of these problems???

I do most of my designing in InDesign, but I can't make the printer do either of these things out of Photoshop, or Illustrator either. I called HP, and confirmed that I DO have the latest firmware installed. They couldn't give me any further support with these problems and told me it wasn't the printer, that is was a software issue and that I needed to get help from Adobe.