3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 8:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Blurry DVD Menu whenever Motions and/or Audio applied

rmatscott

DVD Menu's (text, pictures, background) become blurry whenever Motion Menu's and/or Audio is applied.   Rapid toggling between menu scenes also occurs whenever these are applied. 

Has anyone found a way to resolve in Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

• 1. Re: Blurry DVD Menu whenever Motions and/or Audio applied
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rmatscott

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not please do that.

Disc Menu previews are typically poor whatever the version of Premiere Elements.

Please do a mini test run, and then let us know if the end product menu is poor also.

We need to determine if this is the typical poor quality of the disc menus Preview or files/program issues. If the latter is the case, I will be asking about project preset, Timeline source media properties, properties of the text, pictures, and background (if these are replacements). Also, what is your menu theme, how many main menu pages result, scene selection pages result, Timeline menu markers?

Please review and consider. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blurry DVD Menu whenever Motions and/or Audio applied
            rmatscott Level 1

Hi AT 

OS is WIN7 

APE is 13.1.    I was concerned that the same poor quality would appear on DVD.    So far it hasn't.  

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

• 3. Re: Blurry DVD Menu whenever Motions and/or Audio applied
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rmatscott

Thanks for the reply.

If you are getting good quality end product Movie Menus, I am not sure if it worth the investment of your time to try to improve the quality of the Movie Menu previews which have a history of being poor. The Movie Menu Preview is best used to assure that the menus' navigation buttons are working.

Does the quality of the previews improve if you do not try for Motion Buttons?

As for audio addition to the menus or replacement of Adobe audio in the menu, what is the file size and duration of the audio file which you are using as replacement. No matter what you do, the menu audio is restricted to 30 seconds. Do you see any improvements in your situation if you browse to a shorter duration audio replacement and select it?

ATR