1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2007 3:11 PM by GDJ Consulting

Contribute & DM8 not working together

bluestupa
      I think I have contribute 4 correclty, as I can change web pages using the contribute client, but when I go into dreamweaver 8.02 and try to admin the site using contribute (manage sites) I get this message:
      You must install Macromedia Contribute version 2.0 or later to administer a site. Would you like to install Contribute now? Yes |No
      Clicking yes goes to the download page, and no does nothing. So it seems that DM does not know about the contribute 4 install today. That's one problem.

The other may be by design, I have no idea: Contribute 4 updates a page on the website fine. But now the site is not synced in DM. How do I get the local and remote sites back in sync?!? Thanks!
      BS
        • 1. Re: Contribute & DM8 not working together
          GDJ Consulting
          When trying to administer a Contribute site via Dreamweaver 8.02, I also have the same error message of:

"You must install Macromedia Contribute version 2.0 or later to administer a site. Would you like to install Contribute now? Yes |No"

I already have Contribute 4 installed.

Note: I have already tried the "Contribute 4" repair option with no joy.

Thanks,
          Lanestone