1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2015 3:57 AM by Daniel Sterchi

How do I import my mac photos library to lightroom 6.

timv95986824

I followed the DVD lightroom  6 install directions but I am not able to see my Mac folders that have my Photos library collection.   My iPhoto library was recently converted to the new Mac Photos app but neither of these mac libraries are directly navigatable from the lightroom install.  I am seeing some online suggestions for Lightroom 5 imports  but I would assume there is an easier way to import the libraries in Lr 6?

• 1. Re: How do I import my mac photos library to lightroom 6.
          Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Hi there

There are some plugins to import iPhoto or Aperture libraries to LR, as far as I know there is no plugin to import photos from the photos app at least not at the moment. So you have to export the photos from the photos and then import them into LR. At least I have to because all my photos are inside the library files of the new photos app. You could access the photos by opening the Libraries (right klick on the library then show package content) but the way to export the photos from the photos app is much easier (File - Export - Export unmodified original).

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)