3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 7:06 AM by kichetof

LR plugin load success on windows but nothing on export view, Mac OK

kichetof Level 1

Hi everybody,

I encounter a problem with my plugin Dual ISO Converter for Magic Lantern https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/downloads/cr2hdr.3.0-BETA3.2.zip and the link to ML forum http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11056.0

Everything works well on Mac.

Explanations:

When you load the plugin where it was loaded for the very first time, everything works for Windows, but if you want to change the plugin location, nothing happen on Export view. (bug confirmed on Win 7 (FR, DE, EN) (32, 64bit) LR 5/6)

Some screenshots to see the problem:

Plugin manager:

plugin manager.JPG

Plugin is loaded and enable without problem.

Export view:

export file without ml.JPG

Magic Lantern appear only on "Export To:" but nothing in preset

This is what you have when you load the plugin in the same folder that the first time:

export file with ml.JPG

(don't forget about ML instead of Magic Lantern, I tried something to find a way to resolve this bug)

In Preset, there is ML -> Dual ISO Converter (cr2hdr)

Do you have an idea how to solve this bug ? It's very problematic

I hope you could help me

Thanks!

Tof

• 1. Re: LR plugin load success on windows but nothing on export view, Mac OK
          Blinded By The Light Level 1

Slightly different behaviour:

- Clean Windows installation on Win 7 Enterprise (german), Win 8.1 (german)

- Installed Lightroom CC on both computers

- Created new catalogs on both computers. Imported a single photo.

- Copied kichtetofs plug-in to local disc (and *not* changing folder location or name)

- Used Plug-in Manager for installation

Result:

- Plug-in not visible in context menu

- Plug-in not visible in export dialog's preset frame

- Plug-in listed in "Export to:" drop-down menu

- Plug-in is doing its job if selected via context menu -> Export ... -> Select "Export to: Magic Lantern" -> Export button

My older desktop (WIN 7 Pro (german) with LR and catalog updated from LR5.x (+ kichetof's plug-in) to LR CC doesn't have this problem. All menu items showing up properly.

I *had* problems in the past with his plug-in (older version) in LR5 after fooling around with renaming and folder relocation, though.

But problem at hand is LR CC after "clean" install on Win 7/8. In my environments, at least.

====

EDIT: Kitchetof, is it verified problem doesn't exist in OS X?

- Do we have  a clean LR CC/6 install: Without *any* catalog + (old) plug-in installation existing on this machine after OS was installed?

As I wrote above: Problem does not occur with installations where catalog was updated, I suppose.

• 2. Re: LR plugin load success on windows but nothing on export view, Mac OK
            sunlew Level 1

Sorry, my English is not very good, but I also have the same problem.
            It can convert the picture after not be saved.

dual.JPG

dual1.JPG

Is there already a solution to this?

• 3. Re: LR plugin load success on windows but nothing on export view, Mac OK
              kichetof Level 1

Problem solved!

It was the hyphen on the plugin folder in cr2hdr3-beta that prevents loading of presets dir !