8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 9:52 AM by Test Screen Name

Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options

lorenzopoltronieri Level 1

Hi to all,

I need to print PDF file directly from command line; in Acrobat Reade XI I have used /h /t switches, but now it is wrong.

Anyone does know the new options for Reader DC?

My OS is Windows 7 32 bit with IE 11

thanks

• 1. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
          lrosenth Adobe Employee

AFAIK, nothing has changed in this regard.  What are you seeing (or not seeing) in how it differs?

• 2. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
            djbiesack Level 1

I can print from the command line with

cmd /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\\AcroRd32.exe" /n /s /h /t  file.pdf "my printer-name"

as per http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/intro_to_sdk/DeveloperFAQ.pd f

I get an error dialog each time I do this:

There was an error opening this document. Access denied

but the file still prints. Reader DC does not exit, however, so I have to close it. So this won't work in a truly batch or headless environment.

• 3. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
              lrosenth Adobe Employee

Most important – have you read the Acrobat Reader EULA to ensure that your use is compliant?   Many batch and headless operations are not compliant with the EULA.

• 4. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
                JoelGeraci_Datalogics Level 3

If you require reliable headless printing of PDF, using unsupported commands based on 10 year old documentation may not be the best approach. You can, however, license the Adobe PDF Library to do printing. It's not free but it is reliable and well supported.

http://www.datalogics.com/products/pdf/pdflibrary/

• 5. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
                  polart76789073 Level 1

I just got mine working. I used the format is as follows:

Application path in quotes, followed by filepath in NO quotes, followed by printer name in quotes.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /t  file.pdf "my printer-name"

no "cmd /c" preceding it and I did not include the printer driver or port at the end of the command.

Pay special attention and make sure you are using the correct syntax. I noticed that you had two slashes between Reader and AcroRd32. Probably a typo.

• 6. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
                    maxhodges0 Level 1

I sent hours trying to get Datalogics pdf components to work. First their website doesn't have any pricing or buy button, which is any annoying time waster. Then once you download the evaluation version, you discover that you can't actually use it until someone in sales mails you a eval.lic file. Other companies are able to provide downloadable evaluations versions which actually work. So you might find that you get more customers if you can do the same.

Exception thrown: 'System.TypeInitializationException' in Datalogics.PDFL.dll

An exception occurred. Here is the related information:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'DL150PDFLPINVOKE': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_PDFL(Excep tionDelegate applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate, ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidCastDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate, ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.new_Library__SWIG_0()

at Datalogics.PDFL.Library..ctor()

at PDFutil.PDFutil.DatalogicsPrintPDF(Stream PDFtoPrint, String orderId) in \\QUEENOFHEARTS\Users$\max\My Documents\github\roboAnna2\LabelPrint\C#\PDFutil\PDFutil.cs:line 190statusDesc OK

post response headers

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

Finally, I got my eval.lic file, but still it doesn't work. There's no docs on how to install the components. I added it as a reference to my C# project like any other component, but seems it can't find some sidecar files. After many hours I give up.

• 8. Re: Acrobat Reader DC Command line Options
                      Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Is "boo" a comment on a 2 year old post (which one and why?) or an early Hallowe'en surprise?