1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2015 7:16 AM by A.T. Romano

Issues with editing screen capture.

tadashiu33563048

Hi I have a screen capture that I would like to edit and then export.So far my results are really fuzzy. The audio seems to work ok.  I'd also like to crop out about 800 pixels on the right if possible to get close to a 1200 x 625 resolution.

The source video is .wmv

File Size: 28mb
      Length:  8 Min
      Resolution: 2000 x 625
      Data rate: 669 kbps
      Total Bitrate: 717 kpbs
      Frame Rate: 10 frames/second (variable)

Audio
      Bit rate: 48kbps
      Channels: Stereo
      Audio Sample": 44 kHz

What settings should I use to import the video and what setting should I use to save the video?

I have premier elements 13 and handbrake. I'm not able to get any other software aside from a basic win 7 install.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Issues with editing screen capture.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tadashiu

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running. For now, I will assume Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Video typically has aspect ratio 4:3 and 16:9 and frame rate of 23.976, 24, 25, 50, 29.97, 30, 69 frames per second.

So, your import data 2000 x 625 pixels at 10 frames per second (variable at that) and your export expectation of 1200 x 625 are "challenging".

Missing from your information

a. expected frame rate in export with 1200 x 625 resolution

and

b. with variable frame rate, there are typically 3 values: minimum, mid range, maximum...is 10 frames per second the mid range one...if not which is?

Are black borders acceptable to you in the outcome?

1. There are no project presets for 2000 x 625 at any frame rate?

comingattractions.JPG

Default Scale to Frame Size Enabled.

And, Premiere Elements does not fare well with video recorded with a variable frame rate. But, that HandBrake can take care of depending on what it can do with the frame size. Is there any chance of you doing a screen capture 4:3 or 16:9 and recording with a constant frame rate?

2. You can export as 2000 x 624 (not 2000 x 625) @ 10 progressive frames per second by customizing an existing export preset such as this example for Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 using Advanced Button/Video Tab

export.JPG

I do not see that export going Full Screen on computer players with or without preference Default Scale To Frame Size involved.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR