2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2008 1:55 PM by bcovalt

Fade out behavior, then get URL, with one click?

bcovalt Level 1
      I've successfully applied the behavior to my page where I want the page to fade out upon clicking.
      However, when the page goes black, I then want it to get a url (go to the next page).
      This is being used for a simple welcome page that will lead into my main page. I'm trying to avoid flash.
      Thanks for any tips!

• 1. Re: Fade out behavior, then get URL, with one click?
          Level 7
          > I've successfully applied the behavior to my page where I want the page to
          > fade
          > out upon clicking.

You mean a page transition? Forget it. It's cheesy, and only works in IE.

And speaking of cheesy, splash pages are usually regarded as the prince of
          cheese. They are both a waste of time and valuable search engine real
          estate.

If I have misinterpreted your question, please clarify.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"bcovalt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gfj6c1$j9j$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I've successfully applied the behavior to my page where I want the page to
          > fade
          > out upon clicking.
          > However, when the page goes black, I then want it to get a url (go to the
          > next
          > page).
          > This is being used for a simple welcome page that will lead into my main
          > page.
          > I'm trying to avoid flash.
          > Thanks for any tips!
          >
          >
          >

• 2. Re: Fade out behavior, then get URL, with one click?
            bcovalt Level 1
            Alright, well I don't think it's a page transition if that only works in IE. This is a spry effect.
            And whether you think it's cheese or not, this is what I need and considering the application, it's appropriate.

From looking more into Spry, I see that you can add a finish behavior to run after the effect. The online documentation states:

Finish: Lets you define a function that is called after the effect finishes, e.g.,
            finish:function (element,effect){/* ... */}.

Ok perfect - that's just what I need.. because after my fade out I want to go to a new page, something like a getURL action.

I'm just not sure how to write this in the code. I see that they kind of wrote it in the documentation, but I don't know how to implement that into my code.

Here's what I have with just the fade - without the finish:
            onclick="MM_effectAppearFade('mainTable', 2000, 100, 0, false)"

Also, above in the script section I see this code, which looks more like the Spry code, but it's not where I specify the details like speed, so I'm guessing this is not where I'd change things.. but I'll include it just in case:

Spry.Effect.DoFade(targetElement, {duration: duration, from: from, to: to, toggle: toggle});