5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 7:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Adding Audio to slideshow !

sdisturber

I'm trying to create a slideshow w/music but when I add the nusic file it bumps my audio along until the audio is done. Dose anyone have any idea how to resolve this ?

• 1. Re: Adding Audio to slideshow !
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sdisturber

What version of Premiere Elements or Elements Organizer and on what computer operating system is it running?

What do you mean by

but when I add the music file it bumps my audio along until the audio is done.

Please explain and define your issue further.

a. What is the format of the audio that you are trying to use for your slideshow....iTunes music or other?

b. Where are you creating this slideshow?

Let us start here and then move forward based on the details of your reply. The answers will be in the details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adding Audio to slideshow !
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sdisturber

Thanks for the reply, but for some reason the message did not get posted with the reply.

Please try again as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adding Audio to slideshow !
              sdisturber Level 1

sdisturber

What version of Premiere Elements or Elements Organizer and on what computer operating system is it running? (I'm using Premiere Elements 13 on a computer running Windows 8)

What do you mean by

but when I add the music file it bumps my audio along until the audio is done.

Please explain and define your issue further.

a. What is the format of the audio that you are trying to use for your slideshow....iTunes music or other? (The music files are WMA files)

b. Where are you creating this slideshow? (I'm creating the slideshow on Video Editor , I loaded my Video files on to the video line by drag & Drop, Then tried to add the music to the Audio line by D&D  and if for instance a song is 5 minutes long the program is advancing the audio by 5 mins so except for the first song I can't get the Audio & Video playing at the same time. I tried using the Create a video story but it only allows me to input 6 pictures per chapter. I have a number of pics and this would be a huge job )

• 5. Re: Adding Audio to slideshow !
                A.T. Romano Level 7

sdisturber

Sorry for the delayed reply. I think that I lost track of your thread while we were waiting for the posting problems to resolve.

Where are you creating this slideshow -  in Premiere Elements 13/13.1's Expert workspace or Quick workspace. I suspect it might be in the Quick workspace. You can do it there, but I think it is easier to use the Expert workspace where you can see better what is happening and thus have more control.

In either workspace, you addition of Timeline or Filmstrip content can get out of the visible area, one tip is to click on the "Fit to Visible Timeline" icon above the Timeline. That "Fit to Visible Timeline" has a keyboard shortcut \. Explore and experiment with that to see if that helps your work flow. The "Fit to Visible Timeline"

icon is the icon to the immediate right of the Render button.

fit icon.JPG

Let me know which workspace that you are working in, and we will detail how to get your music under the intended video or photo. Please remind me, are these music files going under photos or under video files that come with linked audio of its own? Also, if you have not already, explore the Music Scores under the Audio Tab of the workspaces. When you use that music, you can alter the duration of the soundtrack file to fit your photo or video but not disturb the music arrangement. If you alter the duration of a non Music Score file, then you can run into problems with the music arrangement.

Looking forward to your further results.

ATR

Add On...If you want to discuss Video Story more, we can. It does take more than 6 items per chapter. Did you see the thin scroll bar to the right of the chapter's space for its thumbnails?