14 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2015 2:14 PM by Samoreen

[LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test

Samoreen Level 2

Hi,

Since I have installed LR CC, I find a new problem every hour. This version is not finished, not tested. Versions .0 are usually buggy, but this time, probably because there was no beta test, the number of issues is particularly high. But my subscription will be paid at the end of the month anyway. That was the trick. Sigh!

I have uninstalled LR 5 much too early. My mistake.

• 1. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

"We are actually doing a beta test"

Let me fix that for you:

"You are actually doing a beta test"

Lr 6 is absolutely rock-solid on my machine, and it delivers on every single improvement promised on release.

• 2. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
            andrewfreeman Level 3

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Let me fix that for you:

"You are actually doing a beta test"

I think there is more than one person running the beta test :-)

Glad at least someone is happy- it bodes well for the rest of us eventually.

Out of curiosity what system are you running Keith?

• 3. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

Win 8.1 64 bit/16 RAM/ATI Radeon R 7 200 GPU with the latest drivers.

I'm not trying to suggest for a second that I think Lr 6 is going to be perfect for every user and every machine: it's the sweeping nature of the OP's starment that rankles - he might feel like it, but we are defintely not in a beta-test scenario.

• 4. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Hi there

I am also one of the VERY happy one's with LR CC.

I work only with Mac's (of corse)

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)

• 5. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                  Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Patrick,

I can assure you that Lr6 underwent a lengthy and comprehensive pre release cycle. With this fact out of the way can I ask that you help us to help you by providing some insight as to areas that are causing you problems. Also, some information on your hardware and OS would be useful.

• 6. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                    Samoreen Level 2

Ian Lyons wrote:

Patrick,

I can assure you that Lr6 underwent a lengthy and comprehensive pre release cycle.

I don't think so.

This was just a general remark. I have already reported here or elsewhere the problems that many of us are encountering. All the issues that I have noticed have been also reported by others. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with plenty of memory and a powerful CPU + NVidia GeForce GT 440. I have a dual display configuration.

- Continuous flow of data transmitted to the Adobe servers during a LR session. Each time I'm moving in LR, a packet of data is leaving my machine toward the Adobe servers although I have disabled that option in my Adobe account. This never stops. I can see this by using a network monitor. lightroom.exe is doing this, not coresync.exe. Trying to prevent this transmission of data to the Adobe Cloud servers (hosted by Amazon Web Services) by disconnecting from the network or by using the firewall causes instability and possible crashes. This continuous flow of data out of my system must be stopped.

- When I load an image in the Development module, it's a 4 steps process : a) image is sharp (very briefly), b) image is totally unsharp, c) image is a little bit sharper, d) image is sharp again. This can take up to 3-4 seconds. Very unpleasant. This is not related to the GPU support. When the GPU support is disabled, the process is just slower, so its easier to see the 4 steps. Once the image has been loaded, the same problem can occur during development.when I'm changing a setting (especially when using post-crop vignetting. There was no such problems in LR 5.

- Please see this thread : [LR6/CC] Clipping threshold changed? . No answer until now. This is a very annoying issue.

- Sometimes the Library and the Development modules are out of sync. Let's assume I have selected a collection and an image in the Library module. Sometimes, when I switch to the Development module, the selected collection is not the one that was selected in the Library module. It's another one that had been previously selected in the Development module. So when this happens, I find myself with an image on the main screen that doesn't belong to the collection displayed in the grid on the secondary display. In that case, I cannot select the right collection in the Development module. I have to leave LR and relaunch to get both modules in sync again.

- Export problems : I guess you have already read many posts about that. LR refuses to export some images. Who knows why ? They can be exported individually but when batch exporting, some images are not exported. The more images you export, the more likely is this to happen.

- A new phenomenon appeared when using the cropping tool. Assuming I'm working on a series of images located in the same folder and I need to crop some of them. No problem with the first one (image A). However, with the next images, when I click on the cropping tool, either for enabling it or for leaving it, LR briefly displays the first image that was cropped during that session. So assuming I have loaded image B, C, or D, in the development module, I click on the cropping tool, image A is displayed briefly and then I see image B in the cropping module. When I'm ready, I click on the cropping tool icon again, and again image A is displayed briefly and then image B. Ditto for any other image. Leaving and relaunching fixes the problem until it happens again.

- The early versions of the TTG web templates are no longer working. They are not using Flash, though. They were working fine in LR 5.

So no, the pre-release testing was not that comprehensive.

• 7. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                      Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Patrick Philippot wrote:

- Continuous flow of data transmitted to the Adobe servers during a LR session. Each time I'm moving in LR, a packet of data is leaving my machine toward the Adobe servers although I have disabled that option in my Adobe account. This never stops. I can see this by using a network monitor. lightroom.exe is doing this, not coresync.exe. Trying to prevent this transmission of data to the Adobe Cloud servers (hosted by Amazon Web Services) by disconnecting from the network or by using the firewall causes instability and possible crashes. This continuous flow of data out of my system must be stopped.

Go to Help menu and choose 'Manage My Account'. This will open your Adobe Account page. Type in your ID and Password. In Security & Privacy section of page > 'Desktop App Usage Information'  choose 'Manage'. You should see page with a checkbox with text 'Yes, I would like to share... ' Remove the checkmark and Save. The follwoing screenshot might help.

Untitled-4.png

• 8. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                        Samoreen Level 2

Ian Lyons wrote:

Go to Help menu and choose 'Manage My Account'. This will open your Adobe Account page

Sorry if I was not clear enough but as mentioned above, this is what I did and LR6 doesn't care. Other users made the same test and could also observe that LR6 is ignoring this setting in the Adobe account.

I also monitored PS CC which is absolutely quiet once the initial transmission of data (license check?) has been done.

• 9. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                          Samoreen Level 2

Daniel Sterchi wrote:

Hi there

I am also one of the VERY happy one's with LR CC.

I work only with Mac's (of corse)

I'm happy for you. However, this doesn't mean that bugs are not there. After all, we're using the same code. This just means that bugs may or may not be observed depending on the way one uses the product. If you don't install a network monitor, you don't see that LR6 is continuously sending data to the Adobe servers. Some bugs may not appear if you don't have a dual display configuration. Those who never activate the clipping warnings will not see that something has changed since LR5, etc.

• 10. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                            jr42

I'm getting the same issues as Samoreen in the Develop module -- very slow, and at arbitrary interval it deletes all my edits and dumps me back with the original image.  Also, 'merge' to panorama doesn't work -- I just get a message: 'unknown errors occurred' -- very helpful!!

• 11. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                              Samoreen Level 2

Samoreen wrote:

Each time I'm moving in LR, a packet of data is leaving my machine toward the Adobe servers although I have disabled that option in my Adobe account.

Actually, it continues sending data even if I'm doing nothing. I just loaded LR6 15 minutes ago and did nothing. I immediately switched to my network monitor. Since then LR is continuously sending packets to 54.68.25.210 which is an Amazon server.

• 12. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                                Bob_Peters Level 3

Ian Lyons wrote:

Patrick,

I can assure you that Lr6 underwent a lengthy and comprehensive pre release cycle. With this fact out of the way can I ask that you help us to help you by providing some insight as to areas that are causing you problems. Also, some information on your hardware and OS would be useful.

Happy to oblige, Ian.

Please go to GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015) and read my comments in post #7.

Thanks.

• 13. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                                  ISeward Level 1

Sorry if I was not clear enough but as mentioned above, this is what I did and LR6 doesn't care. Other users made the same test and could also observe that LR6 is ignoring this setting in the Adobe account.

I also monitored PS CC which is absolutely quiet once the initial transmission of data (license check?) has been done.

I hope this is not correct, I have no problem with Adobe checking my licence for PS/LR but continuous monitoring makes it a virus in my opinion - like Sony's rootkit.

I am on Win 8.1 what network monitoring tool can you recommend, so that I can check this?

• 14. Re: [LR 6 / CC] We are actually doing a beta test
                                    Samoreen Level 2

ISeward wrote:

I am on Win 8.1 what network monitoring tool can you recommend, so that I can check this?

I'm using Microsoft Network Monitor, available here ; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865  . This is not a tool for beginners, though.