4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 8:19 AM by Daniel Sterchi

share photos with other apps

jlimburg

Using LR Mobile on a new iPad Air 2, I'd like to open images (jpg) in other apps like Waterlogue. Or even be able to save to the photo album.  However, I don't see a save option in the share menu and when I tell it to "open in" Waterlogue, LR goes back to the image thumbnail page.  What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: share photos with other apps
          Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Hi Jilimburg

When you click on an image in lightrom mobile you can see a «share Icon» in the upper right.

If you click on that icon there is a menu on which you can choose «share». Don't click on the wheel otherwise you are asked if you want to share metadata.

In the menu which is shown now you can choose what you want to do. You can «save» the image an then you find it in the photos app.

I hope that helps you.

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)

• 2. Re: share photos with other apps
            jlimburg Level 1

Thanks Daniel.  Can you explain how the "open in" works?

• 3. Re: share photos with other apps

It depends on what application you have installed. I can open the image directly e.g. in PS-Express, Instagram in Snapseed. With «…» (more) it is possible that you can add waterlogue to the list of apps that can open your image out of LR mobile.

Normaly I don't do that. I save the images in the photos and open them from an other app. But there is no reason as far as I see that you couldn't open the image directly from the open-dialog.

kind reagerds

• 4. Re: share photos with other apps

Hi Jilimburg

Did it work? If yes, could you mark the question as answered so others know that there is an answer to your question.

kind regards