7 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 11:48 AM by A.T. Romano

How to change text in a saved photo?

jlp1965

Hoe to change text in a saved photo/

• 1. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jlp

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is it running on?

If your program is Photoshop Elements instead of Premiere Elements, please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

Photoshop Elements

Please review and consider and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
            jlp1965 Level 1

It is the latest premier elements13 as I just purchased it and I am running on a mac with Yosemite 10.2

• 3. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jlp

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure of the details of your situation so let me give you some examples so that we can fine tune the answer.

1. Is this text embedded in a photo that you have imported into Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor? Is its format jpeg, tif, psd, other?

If this is the case and depending on where the text is located in the photo, you can try to create and place a text title or graphic on Video Track 2 directly above the original text (on Video Track 1) to cover the original text.

2. If instead you mean how to edit text title created in the Titler after the Titler is closed and the file is on the Timeline (text title on Video Track 2 above the file on Video Track 1), then you double click the text file on Video Track 2 to open the Titler and edit the Video Track 2 text title.

Which particular case does your case fall into, 1 vs 2 above?

If neither, please explain with more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jlp

Thanks for the reply, but for some reason the message did not appear in the reply.

Please try again as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
                  jlp1965 Level 1

does elements 13 have spell check?

I found where to convert the psd file to jpg but have to send to desk top then to email.

Is there any way to send psd files as jpg to email directly.

How do you make changes to or add text to a picture that you typed txt onto in elements 13 after you have saved it. In other words I make a text box in a picture in elements type a sentence then save it. I come back later and bring up that same picture and want to modify the text.

• 7. Re: How to change text in a saved photo?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jlp1965

Thanks for the follow ups.

does elements 13 have spell check?

No spell check in Premiere Elements 13/13.1. If I recall, someone suggested a copy/paste of the Premiere Elements Titler text into Microsoft Word where there is a Spell Checker. Or, if you can find a Spell Check Action, you may be able to get it into Photoshop Elements, not Premiere Elements.

I found where to convert the psd file to jpg but have to send to desk top then to email.

and

Is there any way to send psd files as jpg to email directly.

Where is this emailing taking place - Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Share or some place else? You should be able to mail .psd file as .psd file using Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Share/Email (the photo mail choice is gone but the email attachment choice is still there). Be sure to uncheck in the setup where it has the option "Convert Photos to JPEGS". Do you know how to set up the Edit Menu/Preferences/EMail (Configure Email Client) in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1?

How do you make changes to or add text to a picture that you typed txt onto in elements 13 after you have saved it. In other words I make a text box in a picture in elements type a sentence then save it. I come back later and bring up that same picture and want to modify the text.

Referring to Premiere Elements, just double click the text title on the Timeline to open the project's Titler, and edit the text title. Be sure to close the Titler when finished so that you can resume your other Timeline activities.

Please review and consider. If any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR