9 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 1:08 PM by A.T. Romano

No audio, everything updated

jeffb10703626

How can I get sound in Organizer when playing mts files? I have updated to PRE 13.1.. Used to work fine in PRE 10. I've searched for answers to this, but no luck.

• 1. Re: No audio, everything updated
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffb

I have observed that each Elements Organizer version comes with its own unique issue(s). What version of Premiere Elements and companion Elements Organizer are you now using? Were you using Premiere Elements 10 and Elements Organizer 10 previously?

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded this .mts file that will not play back the audio in a video audio import into the Elements Organizer.

If you import that same file into the Premiere Elements Editor that comes with this Elements Organizer, do you get playback of the audio in the Premiere Elements Editor whereas you do not in its companion Elements Organizer.

Lots will depend on your specific details. But, generalizing, the issue that you present might be bypassed by converting the .mts to .mp4....first try just renaming the file extension from .mts to .mp4...if that does not work, look at converting the .mts to mp4.

Looking forward to learning of all your details on this so that we can try to put it together to find a solution that is right for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: No audio, everything updated
            jeffb10703626 Level 1

I am using latest versions and updates, PRE 13.1 and same for Organizer. Yes, I was using PRE 10 previously. Interestingly, the upgrade to PRE 10 from PRE 8 resolved the same issue that I now have. (Is this software marching backwards?)

Camera is Canon VIXIA HF200. Settings are for MXP 24 Mbs.

Audio is fine if imported into Premiere Elements Editor.

I have no desire to rename over a thousand mts file. I expect Adobe to provide a fix for this.

Thanks for your assistance,

Jeff

• 3. Re: No audio, everything updated
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffb

I am not sure if you are aware that this is not Adobe, rather user to user. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is not defined.

There were several reports of AVCHD.mts files playing back audio with video in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor, but only video in the Elements Organizer 13.

For most, the solution was the 13.1 Update for the Elements Organizer 13. For others, converting the files from .mts to .mp4 resolved the issue.

Would you consider for troubleshooting purposes ONLY, trying (with a few files...at least one) what I had suggested earlier in your thread

the issue that you present might be bypassed by converting the .mts to .mp4....first try just renaming the file extension from .mts to .mp4...if that does not work, look at converting the .mts to mp4.

You say that you had a previous experience along these lines with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and Elements Organizer 8. In that case, was going to Premiere Elements 10 and Elements Organizer 10, the only resolution for resolving audio issues in Elements Organizer 8? Was a new computer also involved in that particular happening? From the days of Elements Organizer 8 to Elements Organizer 13/13.1, have you been working with the same video source from that Canon HF200 AVCHD.mts?

I am assuming that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and that you are running the program as administrator. The usual questions. Do you have the same players installed on your computer with 13/13.1 as you did with 10?

As for your expectations

I expect Adobe to provide a fix for this.

You can try contacting Adobe Chat about that.

Contact Customer Care

The link might not be ideal but is an opened active Chat link in contrast to a closed one. It is the hope that the representative who answers can give you a realistic answer for your expectations for Adobe support for Elements Organizer 13/13.1.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

ATR

Add On...Your camera's specification appear to list 2 channel and not 5.1 channel audio. Is that correct? Dolby Digital?

• 4. Re: No audio, everything updated
                jeffb10703626 Level 1

Thanks, A.T., lost track of the fact that this is a forum.

Answers:

• Changing filename extension from mts to mp4 had no effect.
                • Organizer also has no audio for vob files taken by other camera from years ago. That's also a new phenomenon for 13.1, but not 10.
                • Yes, Dolby Digital 2 channel.
                • Yes, going to Premiere Elements 10 and Elements Organizer 10 was the only resolution for resolving audio issues in Elements Organizer 8. No, a new computer was not a factor in that.
                • Yes, working with the same video source from Elements Organizer 8 to Elements Organizer 13/13.1, the Canon HF200 AVCHD.mts.
                • Yes, I  have the latest version of QuickTime installed on my computer.  I am logged in as administrator, but I don't "run the program" per se. It get run by Organizer. Yes, it is the same QT player, as I've only upgraded to 13/13.1  from 10 in the past few days.

Thanks for you help in this...I guess I'll try the Adobe chat...maybe I'll get lucky!

Jeff

• 5. Re: No audio, everything updated
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffb

Thanks for the reply.

It will be interesting to get the Adobe Staff perspective on this.

Looking forward to learning of further developments as your schedule permits. Depending on the results, I will continue to think about this issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: No audio, everything updated
                    jeffb10703626 Level 1

Problem has been resolved with installation of AC3 codec, instructions as per this: No audio in video file opened through Elements Organizer

Followed their lea to the codec download, and it has malware in it as far as AVG is concerned. But once removed, all's well.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

• 7. Re: No audio, everything updated
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffb

Thanks for that very important result. Was the lead from Adobe Chat?

What about this malware aspect of the key download? Did the download of the needed Dolby Digital codec come with unwanted baggage that infiltrated your installed programs? Any messing up of your browser? Similar issues have been seen trying to download and install other 3rd party software needed in a Premiere Elements/Elements Organizer troubleshooting.

It appears that the document that you were given is pointing to the Photoshop Elements Elements Organizer user. And, under Solution, interestingly two choices are suggested for no audio in Elements Organizer, the download and install of the Dolby Digital codec  and/or the installation of Premiere Elements.

"All's well." sounded great.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: No audio, everything updated
                        jeffb10703626 Level 1

Lead was from a Google search. Yes, the downloaded codec had the malware that AVG Free edition caught, but I continued to install. As you see in the link I gave, the Adobe support page led me to an eHow.com page which contained the link to the AC3 Codec with offending malware...that site has #1 page ranking in Google for search term AC3 code, so it's obviously very much used.

Jeff

• 9. Re: No audio, everything updated
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks you for reporting the benefits and things to watch out for in considering use of Dolby Digital codec as fix for Elements Organizer audio issue.

Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR