10 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 9:43 AM by Bob Somrak

UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE

jessgm

Hello.

I've been using Lightroom 5's free trial and just recently purchased a membership. Then, I updated to Lightroom 6. While using the free trial, I had absolute NO problems. Once I became a member is where the trouble begins.

I have a card reader that I use to import my photos onto Lightroom, but lately the import section has not been detecting any of my photos like it used to. Lightroom will connect to my memory card, I see it shown in the top left corner but where the photos are usually display in the middle is blank. I've tested this with photos that are already on my computer and the same thing happens. Nothing! I've tried reinstalling the application and even creating a new catalog. This issue has been plaguing me for almost a month and it is very disappointing because I am paying for this application and I cannot even use it!

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you!!

• 1. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
          chipwarren Level 1

This is nonsense!  Import is totally hosed on the CC upgrade.  I can't import squat.

• 2. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
            Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you by any chance have "New photos" selected up on top right below "Copy as DNG, Copy, ..." Make sure it says "All photos" If the photos stay grayed out, you've already imported them. Also pay attention to the "Don't import suspected duplicates" option. The import works fine for me and it behaves exactly like the one in LR 5 so I am not sure what is going wrong for you two.

Lastly, it is possible you need to sign out and back into creative cloud. You do this in the creative cloud app -> gear icon -> Preferences

• 3. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
              jessgm Level 1

Yes, it is set to "All Photos" and I still get the same result after signing in and out. I don't see where I can select "New photos" though. There is nothingScreenshot (8).png below "Copy as DNG..."

• 4. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
                Keith_Reeder Level 4

chipwarren wrote:

This is nonsense!  Import is totally hosed on the CC upgrade.  I can't import squat.

And again - tell us what you're seeing.

What you're doing is the equivalent of wandering into your doctor's office, shouting "I don't feel right - what's wrong with me?" and expecting a diagnosis and cure on the basis of no useful information.

• 5. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE

jess,

Make sure that under the Destination disclosure tab on the right you select a folder you can write into. You have selected to copy the files to the root level of your C: drive. That doesn't work. You can see this from the lack of a path below the "To: Windows (C:)" field on the top right. This should be something like your "My pictures" folder. Strangely when you don't have this path right you can get errors importing that behave as if you have nothing to import or can't read from the place where you're importing from. Also look at the File Handling disclosure tab. Normally the "Don't import suspected duplicates" should be checked, but see what happens if you check/uncheck it.

• 6. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
                    jessgm Level 1

Screenshot (9).png

So, in the top right under "TO Windows (C:)" path reads "User/ Jessica/ Pictures" and I have tried checking and unchecking that "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" box but I'm not getting any responses.

• 7. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
                      Bob Somrak Level 5

On the right side open the Destination panel and pick a Destination.

• 8. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE

That's a correct destination now. I think you need to click at the left on "removable Disk G:". You might have to drill into the DCIM folder to find your images. It appears your system gives two entries for the card reader. The bottom one looks like the correct one.

• 9. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
                          jessgm Level 1

Whoa. I just clicked the Destination panel and my photos just showed up! I don't understand why that worked but it did. Thanks so much for your help!!

• 10. Re: UNRESPONSIVE IMPORT PAGE
                            Bob Somrak Level 5

Its an odd interface design or a bug, take your pick, but its been around for awhile