1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2007 6:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

help with ColorTransform

DZ-015
      Hi - I'm having trouble with understanding the ColorTransform and Transform classes. I've read through the documentation, but was wondering if someone could give me a syntax example.

Let's say I have a movie clip, mcClip and want to up the green by 50. Can I do so with only a ColorTransform object, or do I need a Transform oblect to link the ColorTransform object to the movie clip...? What exactly does the Transform object do...?

Sorry for just throwing a bunch of questions out there, hopefully you get the idea of what I'm having trouble understanding.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: help with ColorTransform
          Level 7
          i was wondering, too, so i found this:
          assuming you have a mc "your_mc" on stage and the following actions on
          frame 1:

ct = new flash.geom.ColorTransform(1,1,1,1,0x99,0,0x99,0);
          t = your_mc.transform;
          t.colorTransform = ct;
          your_mc.transform = t;

DZ-015 schrieb:
          > Hi - I'm having trouble with understanding the ColorTransform and Transform
          > classes. I've read through the documentation, but was wondering if someone
          > could give me a syntax example.
          >
          > Let's say I have a movie clip, mcClip and want to up the green by 50. Can I
          > do so with only a ColorTransform object, or do I need a Transform oblect to
          > link the ColorTransform object to the movie clip...? What exactly does the
          > Transform object do...?
          >
          > Sorry for just throwing a bunch of questions out there, hopefully you get the
          > idea of what I'm having trouble understanding.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >