Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my changes not being saved?

New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone:

I make changes in my project -- not big ones, just stuff like un-bolding a line of text or adding/subtracting a few words. I click the Save button, and my changes appear there on the screen.

But then I Preview (or Publish as video for review purposes), and the changes are not there. This is costing me points with my reviewers, who think I am ignoring their edits.

What's going on here? I have gone through and deleted all previous versions of the project. I have saved the project under a new name. What else can I do?

I'm in CPT 8.0.1 on a Toshiba laptop.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The only thing that comes to mind is that if you are publishing, ensure you have enabled the "Force Re-Publish" option.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Captivate 9 in November 2016. Have just had to make changes for a third time because they didn't seem to be saving. I haven't excluded any possibilities, including the one where I'm losing my marbles.

Other possibilities:

Library too bloated with unused stuff?

File location nested too deep and causing Windows to baulk?

Project has been constantly changed over many versions and has got corrupted?

Some weird stuff going on with Windows 10 File History?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cleared out the project cache folder lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Rod, thanks for the reply. As it happens, yes, but possibly not often enough given the size and sheer bloat of the project, which we inherited and has been going to and fro to the client for what seems like months. Is that known to cause this particular problem, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes yes.  It's a quick and easy solution to try.  Just click the button in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod. I'll make a point of doing that every couple of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources