3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 8:45 PM by SeanMcCormack

Not impressed

dennyc69

Not all upgrades have to be groundbreaking, and no one should expect that, that being said, I was pretty unimpressed with Version 6 and was hoping for something better.

Since Installing the new upgrade, It does nothing but crash on Yosemite,No program should crash on you while you just scrolling through your photos, It's become unusable now so I'm grateful I still have Version 5 installed.

Lightroom's UI is in need of an upgrade, there's still no full screen view in OS X still, I can't resize the left menu to give me even more screen real-estate on a 15 inch Macbook beyond what it already present. There needs to be a better way to hide menu's you don't need to use or don't want to use. Photos edited in Lightroom sometimes still don't save they way the editing window shows you. Some of the tools present in Photoshop, like the Camera Raw Filter, (with Radial Filter) and Shake Reduction still haven't ported over to enhance the already built in tools present in Lightroom.

For all of the negativity in my rant, I still use Lightroom just about every day, I just want to be able to have everything I need in one program without having to jump to Photoshop, Pixelmator or whatever tool I need to put out a nice photo for my clients.

• 1. Re: Not impressed
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

A bit off-topic, but I really want to know.

Are you really using a 15" laptop to edit images on a regular basis? Or do you just start on the laptop and finish on a desktop.

I ask because I wish I had an even bigger pair of monitors than the pair of 24" 1920X1200 Dell's that I use now. It will probably be a while before I upgrade to 4K monitors, and by then I will probably have upgraded to a higher megapixel count than I shoot now.

• 2. Re: Not impressed
            Bob Somrak Level 5

You must have a problem with your computer,  No crashes on Yosemite here.  Turn GPU support off.

A couple of Shift-F gives you a full screen, not Apples but the same view.  Was the same in Lr5

You can hide individual panes and modules.  You can hide the panels.  Was the same in lr5

Why do you need a Camera Raw Filter.  Lightroom is Camera Raw.  Was the same in Lr5

• 3. Re: Not impressed
              SeanMcCormack Adobe Community Professional

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear about your crashing issues. There was one source of crashing fixed in 6.01, so make sure you've updated. Also as Robert mentioned, try turning off GPU in the Performance tab in Lightroom>Preferences. It really works best on machines with large screens attached.

The Radial filter is in the Tool Strip. Press F to get full screen view, or as Robert says, use Shift F to cycle through the full screen modes.

Hold down the Alt/Option key and then drag a side panel to make it as large as you like. Right click on a panel and then untick any of the panels you don't wish to see.

Are you using a hardware calibrator to color manage your screen and previewing in color managed application?

I don't think there'll ever be a full all in one application, but the mix of Lightroom and Photoshop comes close.