2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 11:46 PM by michaeld71302382

What's the difference between Photoshop Elements 13 Photoshop Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CC?

michaeld71302382

What's the difference between Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, Lightroom, and Photoshop CC?  I just purchased Photoshop Lightroom (6) and low and behold Photoshop is not a part of the package...that costs another $70.  I feel ripped off and now am having a tough time even figuring out what package I should have purchased. 

• 1. Re: What's the difference between Photoshop Elements 13 Photoshop Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CC?
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Photoshop is the big-capability, pixel editor that does layers and plug-ins; great for graphic designers, used by lots of photographers.

Photoshop Elements is a more basic version of Photoshop; often being all that photographers really need out of Photoshop.

Lightroom is a Digital Asset Manager that catalogs your images and has a good "whole picture" editor built into it. The catalog allows for non-destructive editing of your images. Often does 95% of everything a photographer needs.

"Photoshop Lightroom" is the official name of Lightroom;  a bad choice by Adobe that just confuses people.

For $10/month the "photographer's bundle" of Lightroom + Photoshop is a hard deal to beat. Subscribing to the bundle licenses to you both programs, each to be downloaded and installed separately.

Any "CC" added to the name is a marketing thing for allowing the software to talk to some of Adobe's web servers for added features. All the software is still installed on your hard drive; all your images are still stored on your hard drive.

• 2. Re: What's the difference between Photoshop Elements 13 Photoshop Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CC?
            michaeld71302382 Level 1

Thanks a lot, Joe. That makes a lot of sense and I appreciate your calm/clear answer to my snarky/frustrated question.  Cheers!