2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 10:28 AM by Dave LaRonde

Audio wont render?

liveforeverng

I've looked around and couldn't find this posted anywhere, but here in my issue:

When I put an audio (.mp3) fine on my timeline, nothing was happening, so I looked it up, and apparently you need to hit the "RAM preview" button in the preview panel to render it out. I watched a few tutorials, and it seems like they would hit the ram preview button, it would render out, and then it would work. When I try doing that, it simply just plays the track, and says "playing from ram" in the info panel. What can I do differently to be able to start and stop the audio from the timeline? Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Audio wont render?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Read up on RAM and audio previews in the help files, don't rely on vague info from badly done tutorials.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Audio wont render?
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

You're facing a real paradigm shift.  It sounds like you expected AE to behave like a video editing application.... well, it doesn't.  It's a different kind of video tool, with its own ways of working.  To new people, it may not make sense.
            So if you're new, do yourself a BIG favor and learn about the AE Basics, which everyone has to have:

Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5,  CS6, & CC)

Once you have the basics, life gets a lot easier.

Oh, there's this too: I wouldn't use mp3's in AE.  I'd convert them to an uncompressed file like wav or aiff.  AE's been known to have occasional, hit-and-miss problems with compressed audio.  It's just too darned easy to do that it doesn't make sense NOT to do it.