• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Remove the "Sign In Required" that launches after install?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a Registry key change or a feature I can turn off that will remove the "Sign In Required" when you launch the Pro DC after install? If so, what is the key or where can I make this change. Or will entering a licences key on install cause this not to appear. Right now I'm waiting for a license key and have been testing this with the trial version for our enterprise.

TOPICS
Acrobat , Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

My machine is Windows 7 Enterprise.  It was not imaged.

The issue happened again this morning.  I ran the following (with our serial) from an elevated command prompt and it worked.

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --serial=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --regsuppress=ss

I have no idea what causes it.  I have no idea when it will happen again.

The rest of our users workstations are imaged using System Center, but it is done properly:

- SysPrep, Generalize is run before the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Services integration

The link to the Preference Reference is the right place to look. It's updated regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled all of these and still after I reinstall it, I still get the "Sign In Required". Anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in a Trial then you need to apply a serial number or actually start the Trial but signing in with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have one at this time. We are working with our Vendor to get it. So once I get this license key and add it to my msi then I shouldn't be require to sign in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you get the serial number you can disable the sign in prompt using the below workflow.

1. Download the Acrobat Customization Wizard (CW) from: Adobe Customization Wizard

2. Launch the CW and open the package for Acrobat (Acropro.msi)

3. Provide the serial number in the 'Personalization Options' tab and click on Grant Offline Exception button.

4. Save the package and use the Setup.exe to install the customized build.

Make sure that the machine on which CW is installed is connected to internet.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.

We have a volume license.

We have used the customization wizard to apply the license, grant an offline exception, and to disable all services.

Today, with a PDF open, I received the "You must sign in to activate" prompt.

I was unable to do anything without signing in.  Even manually checking the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\cServices and restarting the PC did not fix it.

I could not use our volume licensed copy of Acrobat without signing in.  Upon signing in, I was greeted with a prompt telling me that Adobe by default will be collecting user information and that I'd have to go into the Adobe account settings to opt out.  I did.

Within Acrobat, the UI still said "Sign In" at the top right.  So I did.  And it still said "Sign In" at the top right.

I closed Acrobat and reopened it.  I was greeted with another, different prompt about Adobe collecting user information.  "Sign In" was gone, and I was able to sign out via the menu.

However, signing out deactivates the software entirely, and puts me back at square 1.  I am forced to sign in to an Adobe Account to use a volume licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat DC that was granted an offline exception via Acrobat Customization Wizard DC.

I was running Acrobat DC Classic MUI 15.006.30172, released May 10th.  I have now uninstalled it.

I am going to try to hunt down the toolkit and try what kingitsc85 suggested.  Of course, we bought from a seller who never provides us with access to anything (including the installer itself) until we email back and forth with an inept sales person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bw_bloodletter,

What type of environment you have. Is it Citrix or imaged OS environment?

Let us know about your environment so that we can help you better.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine is Windows 7 Enterprise.  It was not imaged.

The issue happened again this morning.  I ran the following (with our serial) from an elevated command prompt and it worked.

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --serial=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --regsuppress=ss

I have no idea what causes it.  I have no idea when it will happen again.

The rest of our users workstations are imaged using System Center, but it is done properly:

- SysPrep, Generalize is run before the image is deployed.

- The images do NOT have Acrobat on them - Acrobat is deployed after the machine/OS is deployed to the user. (Only to the users who are licensed for it get it, so it's not in our base image.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bw_bloodletter,

Thank you for the information.

I hope this may not happen again. But if it prompts again, you may copy this log file amt3.log and share with us.

Please don't paste the log on this thread. Log location :  C:\Users\ user name \AppData\Local\Temp

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate on the OP:

I am installing Acrobat DC Standard and Acrobat DC Pro volume, using the media and the serial numbers provided in my Adobe portal. Even when inputting a serial number during the install, the Adobe ID "sign in" box pops up saying it needs my Adobe ID to activate, when the program is launched. If I do not sign in or cancel the dialog, the program will exit.

Solution: (Assumes that Acrobat DC is installed and you are now facing the Adobe ID "sign in" pop up)

I went to my Adobe licensing portal, clicked "Licenses" and "Downloads". It lists all licensed software downloads. At the very bottom, there is an item called "PROVISIONING TOOLKIT". Click it. Then download "Adobe Provisioning Toolkit, Enterprise Edition 9.0 for Windows" (there is also a mac version). It should extract to one file, adobe_prtk.exe. Run CMD as administrator. Navigate to the directory where adobe_prtk.exe resides. Run the following command:

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --serial=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --regsuppress=ss

LEID = Find here if you have a different product than Acrobat DC Std/Pro

Serial = Your 24-digit serial number without dashes ( - )

Now launch Acrobat DC and you will not be asked to sign in, but the product will be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as bloodletter. When I run this command, I get an adobe Copyright message and Return Code=14. Do you know why that would appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I set the prtk tool to run as admin and now I get return code = 0. I take it from the adobe exit codes page that this is good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gregbutler_20

Yes that is a good sign.

Regards,

Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. Now I get a message that my adobe trial will expire in 32767 days. Either that's a bug or Adobe should be in the Guinness book of world records for longest software trial. I finally opened a ticket. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that I'm using a VDI environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there any solution out there - we have the same problem that we are requied to log in.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zentra,

The issue is the same which is marked correct above.

If you still experiencing the issue then either your workflow is not correct or your environment is not supported.

For more information about deployment:

Pre-Deployment Planning — Enterprise Administration Guide

Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this work-around no longer works for Acrobat Standard 2020. Return Code = 14, even when running prtk as administrator. Has anyone else had success with suppressing the Sign In screen with Acrobat Standard 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me hours to figure out . . . if it makes anyone feel better.

Unpack exe. Download the Adobe Customization Wizard. Open the msi package, enter S/N and click "Grant Offline Exception & Disable Registration." Configure other optional settings; Suppress reboot. Suppress EULA. Disable/Enable Online Services. Disable/Enable cloud connectors. ect. ect. Click Transform menu/Generate transform. Save transform file (mst). Click File menu/Save package (msi). Important: Granting Offline Exception seems to apply to the msi file, the transfer file is used during install to apply other settings. Keep both the saved msi and transfer file (mst) together. To install use either of the following methods.

Method 1:

Setup.exe /sAll

and add the following line to setup.ini to bottom of [Product] section below languages.

CmdLine=TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst"

Capture.PNG

Method 2:

msiexec /i AcroPro.msi TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /quiet

Both install methods were successful for me.

-Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, sorry I didn't really answer the OP. Nor anything about the prtk tool and fixing the issue post install. I would probably uninstall the product and re-install using a customized msi using the Adobe Customization Wizard. Make sure to enter serial # and click "Grant Offline Exception & Disable Registration."

I couldn't find the edit or delete button for my previous post.

-Jesse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge pain and would cost us a lot more then it use to, we are switching to GIMP, problem solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines