3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 10:57 AM by DarkAlchemist1

Editing Intro Template

DarkAlchemist1

So hey guys!

I wanted to edit this Intro Template https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mI5vR0HhXk

Can someone tell me how to change the color of the font to the beat? Because when I try to change the color the background changes the color too.

Would be kill if someone knows how to do it!

• 1. Re: Editing Intro Template
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No one can tell anything about the composition structure without seeing the timeline. If you are just trying to change a movie then you'll have to separate elements.

If you have a template that is an AE project then you'll have to drill down to the element you want to change and apply your changes there. I'm guessing that you're new to AE and that the type is in a pre-comp.

• 2. Re: Editing Intro Template
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

You need to understand that simple possession of an AE template doesn't guarantee success.  The reason: template makers assume the users already have AE knowledge, and the level of that knowledge can range from Basic to Expert.  So as Rick says, no one can tell.

Now if you ARE new, here's something that will help you learn the AE Basics:

Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5,  CS6, & CC)

• 3. Re: Editing Intro Template
              DarkAlchemist1 Level 1

thanks for the answers!

A friend of mine tried to edit it and his skills are pretty good.

But he told me that it isn´t possible for him to just select the text. He used the cc toner to change the colors, but than the background is changing the color too.

I will try to find somebody with good skills and pay him 10€. If someone is interested he can add me on skype " cymerman38 "

Thanks and have a nice day!