1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2015 1:43 PM by A.T. Romano

converting 4k to 1080p

The Winger

Hello, I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Pro, which has a 4k camera. I am completely new to video editing and was looking at Premiere Elements and was wonding if it is possible to convert the 4k video down to 1080P? I have searched around but haven't found a way to do this. Thanks for you help.

• 1. Re: converting 4k to 1080p
          A.T. Romano Level 7

winger

Do you have any version of Premiere Elements at this time? Assuming not....

Generalizing for now....

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 have project presets for video with the 4K size (3840 x 2160). These project presets are seen under the AVCHD category as QFHD 16 x 9 presets. This assumes that the 4K sized videos have video compression, audio compression, and file extension supported by Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1. A 4K file 3840 x 2160 H.264.mp4 would be expected to be supported for import.

You can export the Timeline of this project to a file saved to the computer hard drive, using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD as .mp4 1080p.

If you wanted, you could export to 3840 x 2160 using Publish+Share/Computer/XAVC-S and mp4 preset. Many of these presets can have their default settings customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab) of the preset selected.

Please review and consider and the we can provide supplemental information if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR