3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 5:15 AM by A.T. Romano

Can I add cross desolve to multiple clips at the same time, i.e all at once?

bordstiff

I want to add Cross Dissolve to every clip on my timeline without having to go to drop and drag multiple times, is there a way of doing this?

• 1. Re: Can I add cross desolve to multiple clips at the same time, i.e all at once?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bordstiff

What version Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Assuming Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1 on Windows 7 , 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now....

1. Select all the clips involved (all at one time)

2. Go to Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition

To select clips all at one time....if all the Timeline content is involved, then Edit Menu/Select All

Hold down the Shift Key of the computer main keyboard and click on the clips that you want selected all at one time

or

Use the mouse cursor to draw a triangle around the clips to be selected.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can I add cross desolve to multiple clips at the same time, i.e all at once?
            bordstiff Level 1

Thanks A T that did the trick.

Just one more question for now. The default setting is 1 second between clips, can I make it, say, 3 seconds, and then use the advice you gave me for all clips.

Ed

• 3. Re: Can I add cross desolve to multiple clips at the same time, i.e all at once?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks for the update and the good news that the Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition worked for you.

I have never found a way to use Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition and get anything other than the default transition and the 1 second duration for all clips at one time transition placement. However.....

The way to get the default transition plus the wanted transition duration appears to be (before transition application), go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and change the Video Transition Default Duration from 30 frames to 90 frames (for a 30 frames per second setup, that would be 1 second and 3 seconds respectively).

Please let us know if that works for you with regard to the transition duration.

Thanks.

Best wishes

ATR