5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 7:17 AM by joefonebone

LR6 freezes upon opening.

joefonebone

LR6 freezes upon opening. Only solution has been to reinstall, but that only works for a few days, then program is unresponsive again. I hope I can go back to LR5, but it isn't available to download in install, it it?

• 1. Re: LR6 freezes upon opening.
          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Yes, Lightroom 5 is still available for download and use (here for instance) if you need it.

However, with Lightroom 6: Make sure you have updated the software to the LR 6.0.1 version which came out recently – it contains some bug fixes, particularly around start-up...

Check Help menu > About for the version, and Help > Updates to get the latest if necessary.

• 2. Re: LR6 freezes upon opening.
            joefonebone Level 1

Thanks, but that didn't work. First, I got tricked into signing up for Creative Cloud, by following what was deceptively presented as a way to access LR5, then I saw the direct link down at the bottom and got an "Access Denied" page. And yes, the version the is crashing on my system is the new one. I'm very dismayed. Thanks for trying to help. Is there any hope? Thanks.

• 3. Re: LR6 freezes upon opening.
              joefonebone Level 1

I may have spoken too soon, as I actually had the earlier, non-updated version running each time. Fingers=crossed now. Thanks!

• 4. Re: LR6 freezes upon opening.
                ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

OK great Joe...  So which version(s) are you running successfully on your system now – LR 6.0.1, LR 5, or both?

• 5. Re: LR6 freezes upon opening.
                  joefonebone Level 1

Hi,

It's 6.0.1. I was mistaken earlier because I had assumed that, since I reinstalled from a new download (using the link provided upon purchase of the upgrade), that the download was the updated version. But then when I re(re-re) downloaded for the latest (current) attempted install, I saw that the download was in fact 6.0 and I immediately upgraded. Now I am hopeful it will be stable. So hopefully I won't have to go even try to go back to an earlier version. I saw a lot of people seem to he having/have had crashing upon opening issues.

Thanks.

Bob Klips

Columbus Ohio