3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 5:40 AM by A.T. Romano

Images incorrect scale (zoomed) when added to the timeline

stewart@itsIT.com.au

Hi All,

I have this really peculiar issue.  I have a Premiere Elements 10 project that when I add images to the time line the images appear "zoomed In" however their properties are at 100%.  Also the 1080p video that I add to the timeline appears "Zoomed Out" however their properties are at 100%.  I guess I have a project setting incorrect somewhere but I cannot find which one.

Oddly, if I try and edit an old project the same thing happens?  I have images already in the media folders that I can add to the timeline OK but if I import the same image file again from my computer and add the newly duplicated image to the time line the same thing happens ... the image appears "zoomed in" although the image properties are at 100%.  If I add the original image (the one that was already in the project media) to the time line it appears OK.

So in summary .... any "new" media imported to "any" project now adds to the timeline appearing Zoomed In ????

Please help

• 1. Re: Images incorrect scale (zoomed) when added to the timeline
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stewart

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running? Does the computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

What are the properties of the source video that you are importing? And what is the project preset that you are setting to match the properties of the source media? Are you working with the preference Default Scale to Frame Size enabled or disabled? (See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.)

Once we know the computer operating system, we will try to define the situation and find a solution for the problem. We could look at deleting settings/preference file as well as uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), zooming Timeline characteristic of some Mac version if you are using a Mac computer, etc.

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Images incorrect scale (zoomed) when added to the timeline
            stewart@itsIT.com.au Level 1

Hi there ATR,

I have just finished selecting each image on the timeline and selecting "Scale to frame Size"  This got me thinking and I checked project Default Scale to Frame Size ..... guess what ..... it was unchecked!  I have now checked the Default Scale to Frame Size and tried adding the media again from my computer .... all works as it should.

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2011 with Windows 7 pro Boot Camp (Don;t ask )

I normally set my Project Settings to PAL - DSLR - 1080p - 24fps as I'm importing from a Canon 700d (images and Video) and also a GoPro Hero3 however not sure if this is the optimal project settings?

I also never know what is the best/optimal export settings to share the finished video?

Also .... while I am at it .... I never know how to set up my Scratch Disks and Media Cache Database for optimal performance.  I have a internal 256gb SSD that I have the OS and Program Files Installed on and a internal 500GB HDD (I removed the optical drive and installed a second HDD) that I use for data storage.  I also have plenty of external HDD via USB but have read it is best not to use external storage when working on projects?  Could you give some guidance on the optimal way to set up my Project and Disks etc.

Cheers,

• 3. Re: Images incorrect scale (zoomed) when added to the timeline
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stewart

Thanks for the follow up. Glad the Timeline zoom issue is resolved. Great job.

As for Scratch Disks - the Adobe document on that is found

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/scratch-disks.html

As for me, I set up the all Scratch Disks with defined paths rather than just Same As Project. (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks). But, I do point them to the same save location as the project. I have pointed all of them to an external hard drive (format NTFS). But, right now I have them set for the default which is Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0, and all is working fine as it was when external hard drive was the saving location choice. But, wherever those files are pointed, lots of free hard drive space. The conformed video's save location seems fixed in that, if you try to relocate it, it regenerates in the same location from which you deleted it. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Clean Now button. The actual path to Media Cache (conformed video/mcdb files) is through the Users path cited in the Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Database area.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR