1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2015 12:43 PM by BobLevine

indesign to ipad solutions

Johnny hates jazz

i hope that some one can help me here. i am a graphics designer, but i am a bit old school and come from the print side and just now trying to get my head around the digital world.

i have a 228 page document that i have totally completed.

i have done it in iPad size vertical.

basically i am having all sorts of trouble even after watching a bunch to tutorials in getting my head around getting it to output to epub and ready to put up as a iPad app.

so here is what i am needing to know.

* there is confusion between vertical and horizontal layout. i tried to convert to horizontal, but it looks aweful. should i leave it as vertical and NOT do horizontal?? if so, can you then see 2 smaller side by side pages that are screen size on the iPad?

* do i now have to go back and break up the 228 page document into separate articles, then insert via folio builder into one master book document as separate chapters??

* if i do the above i now think i have to use the (TOC) table of contents builder, which i then assume builds the side navigational items for iPad to display with poster image???

* a number of interactive elements do not work when i preview on desktop. to see these work, do i have to preview on an iPad?

* can i link up my windows tablet to my mac and be able to preview the book and features this way???? i know i need adobe reader on the windows tablet....

* when get all this finished, can i use the same pub document/book for use on samsung, windows, android apps, amazon etc???

* is it true that you can not have a fully interactive app like a magazine on web???

*  if i wanted to do a fully interactive document, am i only limited to tablets and mobile phones?

* when i set up my next document, what should i set up horizontal or vertical???

every time i think i have all this sorted and can finish up this project, i come across some sort of problem.

i am way overdue with this and it is doing my head in.

if anyone wants to email me, please use info@radcustomclothing.com

thanks for any help in advance..

John.