i hope that some one can help me here. i am a graphics designer, but i am a bit old school and come from the print side and just now trying to get my head around the digital world.
i have a 228 page document that i have totally completed.
i have done it in iPad size vertical.
basically i am having all sorts of trouble even after watching a bunch to tutorials in getting my head around getting it to output to epub and ready to put up as a iPad app.
so here is what i am needing to know.
* there is confusion between vertical and horizontal layout. i tried to convert to horizontal, but it looks aweful. should i leave it as vertical and NOT do horizontal?? if so, can you then see 2 smaller side by side pages that are screen size on the iPad?
* do i now have to go back and break up the 228 page document into separate articles, then insert via folio builder into one master book document as separate chapters??
* if i do the above i now think i have to use the (TOC) table of contents builder, which i then assume builds the side navigational items for iPad to display with poster image???
* a number of interactive elements do not work when i preview on desktop. to see these work, do i have to preview on an iPad?
* can i link up my windows tablet to my mac and be able to preview the book and features this way???? i know i need adobe reader on the windows tablet....
* when get all this finished, can i use the same pub document/book for use on samsung, windows, android apps, amazon etc???
* is it true that you can not have a fully interactive app like a magazine on web???
* if i wanted to do a fully interactive document, am i only limited to tablets and mobile phones?
* when i set up my next document, what should i set up horizontal or vertical???
every time i think i have all this sorted and can finish up this project, i come across some sort of problem.
i am way overdue with this and it is doing my head in.
if anyone wants to email me, please use email@example.com
thanks for any help in advance..
First things first. What is your intended output format?
You mention epub and then you mention apps. These are two different formats and require different workflows.