These are two different symptoms, and the only way I can think of that the two are related is if your computer memory is somehow malfunctioning. Perhaps you should test your computer's memory.
And of course, the first crash might have nothing to do with Lightroom, the problem might have been Chrome.
And of course, the second crash might have nothing to do with Lightroom, the problem might have been Chrome.
And of course, the first crash might have nothing to do with memory ...
And...the first two crashes might have had something to do with Windoze and nothing to do with LR or Chrome. Or maybe the weather was involved. Yea; I know how the game works...
Still, outside of the "normal" boot-up memory check routines Windows goes through, I haven't done a thorough memory check for quite a while. So...I ran the built-in one during the next boot-up. No errors.
So I guess I'll go back to wondering it this will ever happen again. Maybe I'll try moving another folder in LR with nothing else running and see what happens.
When you are moving the folder, how many files are in the folder?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you are looking to move a large number of files then you may be better off using the OS tools to move the folder tree then in LR just relink the top-level folder.
How many files? Anywhere between 1 and 1200 so far.
I know you can move the files outside of LR and I tried that a couple of times; once it's worked and another time I had all sorts of problems getting LR to relink with them. I was able to move them back to their original location and LR was happy again. So I've decided to just move them from within LR for now. Call me "gun shy"! LOL
I moved 6-7 other folders from within LR a couple of hours ago with no problems. Four of them I did concurrently. One had nearly 1100 photos; a couple had 600-800 photos, and the others had below 100 each. I was using task manager to monitor the free ram available and it got all the way down to around 150MB but didn't fall below that and slowly climbed back to between 750MB - 1G available by the time it was done.