2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2007 2:04 AM by Darshan Rane

changing size of swf according to the size of html page

Darshan Rane Level 3
      hi experts
      I want to change size of my swf according to the size of html page in which it opens
      such that if page size is 1024 by 768 then swf should scale to that size
      if its 700 by 500 also sw should change its size is this possible
      i want this so that my animation start fro m edge to edge of page

i basically dont know how to do this has been trying various options for last week no luck
      there is 100% option for swf which scales swf size to 100% of page but it does not give edge toedge of page

can anybody help
        • 1. Re: changing size of swf according to the size of html page
          Level 7

Darr_darshan wrote:
          > hi experts
          > I want to change size of my swf according to the size of html page in which it
          > opens
          > such that if page size is 1024 by 768 then swf should scale to that size
          > if its 700 by 500 also sw should change its size is this possible
          > i want this so that my animation start fro m edge to edge of page

First of all, the screen size is never the same as browser size so don't use it if
          you want to maintain the ratio while scaling your files and avoid distorting the
          content. Keep in mind that browser has its chrome all around, largest, being on top
          of the screen (navigation), to status bar and borders on left and right side.
          Secondly, always scale movie up, never down. While scaling movie up you able to
          maintain your text, not the case when scaling movies down especially with small text,
          which become unreadable. So you make movies in (example) 600x400 and scale them up
          instead.

To fill the browser window, go to File - Publish Setting and under HTML tab
          change the size from PIXEL to PERCENT and set it 100% x 100% - Publish.
          Open newly published html document open in your preferred HTML editor, like notepad,
          Dreamweaver or Frontpage, adjust the margins for top, bottom, left and
          right to zero pixels. This will make it fill the window entirely. Flash itself does
          not provide that option.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
          &
          Happy New Year

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: changing size of swf according to the size of html page
            Darshan Rane Level 3
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            thanks urami that worked

Darr_darshan wrote:
            > hi experts
            > I want to change size of my swf according to the size of html page in which it
            > opens
            > such that if page size is 1024 by 768 then swf should scale to that size
            > if its 700 by 500 also sw should change its size is this possible
            > i want this so that my animation start fro m edge to edge of page

First of all, the screen size is never the same as browser size so don't use it if
            you want to maintain the ratio while scaling your files and avoid distorting the
            content. Keep in mind that browser has its chrome all around, largest, being on top
            of the screen (navigation), to status bar and borders on left and right side.
            Secondly, always scale movie up, never down. While scaling movie up you able to
            maintain your text, not the case when scaling movies down especially with small text,
            which become unreadable. So you make movies in (example) 600x400 and scale them up
            instead.

To fill the browser window, go to File - Publish Setting and under HTML tab
            change the size from PIXEL to PERCENT and set it 100% x 100% - Publish.
            Open newly published html document open in your preferred HTML editor, like notepad,
            Dreamweaver or Frontpage, adjust the margins for top, bottom, left and
            right to zero pixels. This will make it fill the window entirely. Flash itself does
            not provide that option.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--

!!!!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!
            &
            Happy New Year

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>