2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 1:50 AM by rdubadub

Time stretch doesn't work

Chariin

Time stretch doesn't work for me. I've seen others have this issue but I've failed to find a good solution. I have the most recent version of Premiere Elements, I work in the expert section and time stretch has worked for me before.
      I'm using and editing movie clips - I have recorded a game with OBS on my computer. I'm after a fast motion effect on a clip.

I have the Time Stretch option, but when I click it nothing happens, and that's it. The format of my clip is .mp4, and I even tried to export a video file to .f4v and use that instead, but still nothing happened when I clicked Time Stretch on the selected clip.

Can someone help please?

• 1. Re: Time stretch doesn't work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Chariin

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it working?

Please explain "I have the Time Stretch option, but when I click it nothing happens......"

If you mention "Expert section", I am assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1.

How have to tried to access Time Stretch....

a. Tools Menu/Time Stretch

b. Right click of Timeline video, selection of Time Stretch

c. Ctrl+r

In each case, do you ever get to see the options in the Time Stretch dialog?

What is OBS?

Can you use Time Stretch with source media other than these clips from "OBS"?

In Premiere Elements you can create slow or fast motion

a. Interpret Footage and adjusting Frame Rate

b. Time Stretch

c. Time Remapping

Have you tried "a" or "c" if you do have Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1?

We could go through the drill of deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (settings file) and all the rest. But,

first let us review and consider the above and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Time stretch doesn't work
            rdubadub

I'm having a similar issue.  When using time stretch, it speeds the clips up a little bit, but for some reason, I can't get the clips to speed up faster than 130%.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!