• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I tried installing adobe flash player but it fails at 5%, with the error connection lost even if my connection is okay. How to fix this?

New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing adobe flash player but it fails at 5%, with the error connection lost even if my connection is okay. How to fix this?

I'm using Windows XP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let us know your Windows XP service pack ? To check the service pack Right click on my Computer -> Properties -> There you will find service pack version.

For the meantime, you can download the offline installers for corresponding browser posted under "Still having problems" section of Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Its a known issue on windows xp Service pack 2 and we are working on it to provide a fix.

In the meantime, you can use the offline installers to install flash player for corresponding browser posted under "Still having problems" section of Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The heart of this issue is that WinXP SP2 lacks support for the modern cryptographic schemes necessary for secure downloads in 2015. 

The best option is to update your version of Windows to WinXP3 (and ideally Win7) or higher.  It's really long past time to move off WinXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines