6 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 1:12 AM by wobertc

Tryptich template

magicgenie

I have LR CC. We need to deliver a file to a client, like the attached a tryptich. I couldn't think of an easy way to do this - I want to stay in Lightroom to do it (in Indesign it would take just a minute) the only / best way to do it i thought was perhaps a print preset, but i can't work out how to do it.

I need the boxes to be the same size obviously, but more importantly, we need to be able to control the size / position of the photograph inside the 3 frames.

Does anybody have a second to advise if it is possible. And how I could do it in LR / Print module?

Alex

iStock_000006192446Large.jpg

• 1. Re: Tryptich template
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Alex

Why not select Custom Package from the Layout Style tab (top right) and then select each image in the film strip and drag and drop on to the blank print template.  As you drop each image a blue bounding box will appear and you can drag the corner or side handles to scale/re-size and position as required.

• 2. Re: Tryptich template
            magicgenie Level 1

Thanks Jon. But how do i resize images within their frames? I want to do that (attached).

iStock_000006192446Large.jpg

• 3. Re: Tryptich template

If you use my method you can hover your mouse over the corners and drag in and out to resize. Click in the middle of the image to drag around into position.

• 4. Re: Tryptich template
                magicgenie Level 1

Hi Jon, thank you, I am trying this, if I hover the mouse at the corner, i can resize the box, when i resize the box the image resizes also. If i go to the centre of the box, click hold and drag, the box position is changed and dragged on the page.

I am unable to resize the image within the box.

Do you know how or if it is possible to resize an image (within a box) without moving or changing the size of the box (as image 2 above).

• 5. Re: Tryptich template

You may have to crop the photos first. You could create three virtual copies and use a custom crop to make them the same dimensions.

• 6. Re: Tryptich template
                    wobertc Adobe Community Professional

In Print Module-  Page Setup = might be A4 Landscape

Layout Style = Single Image / Contact Sheet

Image Settings = Zoom to fill (will only show partial image- slide image within cell using mouse) (No zoom will show full image in aspect of image).    Repeat One Photo per Page / or use different images.

Layout = as per screen-clip  

Page Grid = 1 Row, 3 Columns.  Cell Spacing: optional. Cell Size = maximums.  Margins = Minimal.

ScreenShot056.jpg

Tryptych.jpg