Are you using Windows computer or Mac?
1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.
3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.
4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,
Let me know whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??
Yes I can see:
# ATTIVAZIONE ADOBE CS 6
Those are the cause of issue , Adobe URL with loop back address because of which Serial Number Activation request is unable to reach Adobe activation server .
Follow below steps :
- Remove all entries which has adobe name . Then close the Textedit , it will Autosave.
- Make sure there are no Adobe entries inside .
- Then copy and paste the Hosts file back to Etc folder .
- We are replacing edited hosts file which we had copied to Desktop with the original Hosts file inside Etc folder.
- When prompted , Authenticate with Mac password ,
- Make sure to select Replace option ..
- Once you has replaced Hosts file , double click on it again and check whether Hosts file is free from Adobe entries.
- If yes. try to Validate LR serial number again.
thanks a lot I made as per your description and I can make the autentification of the LR6.
Just last think I had to change my Adobe ID it is correct ?
Anyway now LR works perfectly.........
Thanks again !!
I purchased the upgrade from lightroom 5.7 to 6 and I had the same problem of paolog.
Thanks Brucgovn, now lightroom 6 is authenticated and works correctly.
You are welcome