1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2015 12:55 PM by A.T. Romano

Can not export video as an MPEG (or anything other than flash video) "Do not have permission to create"

Flying Pig KS Level 1

When I try to export a video from Premiere Elements 12 as anything other than a Flash Video, it says that I do not have permission to create or delete the output file. I am using Adobe Premiere Elements version 12.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit i7 on the admin account with full permissions.

The error message says:
      "Error compiling movie.

You do not have permission to create or delete the output file."

I have tried exporting to the desktop, to one of my TB hard drives, the SSD and our network drives. I have also tried to "Run as administrator" and export, but that did not work either (detailed in this post: Encore CS5.1, Issue burning onto 8.5GB DL DVD using WIndows 7, 64bit)

I've also tried to call a secondary help company which gave me the number to Adobe and hung up on me after they couldn't (didn't want?) to figure it out. Adobe phone Tech does not support this product and I can't seem to find the chat feature. I'm all out of ideas. Help!

• 1. Re: Can not export video as an MPEG (or anything other than flash video) "Do not have permission to create"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

FP KS

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit

Please clarify at the onset...is this issue confined to one particular video project or to any new Premiere Elements 12/12.1 that you create and try to export to anything other than Adobe Flash Video?

Based on history, Adobe support is for current version. And, for current version, the Adobe support is often limited to limited topics via Adobe Chat.

All that said and adding that this is not Adobe, rather user to user....Let us go through the most likely questions

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12/12.1. If you go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime, do you see presets listed under Presets: drop down list?

3. What is your Scratch Disk setup?

4. Since the error is Compiling Error...let us focus on what you trying to export

a. properties of source

b. project preset

c. overall structure of the Timeline content

d. if applicable, Timeline menu markers and Movie Menu button positioning

e. Leftovers (fragments of clips or unwanted clip scattered about the tracks content)

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR