3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2007 6:19 AM by MotionMaker

Starting a flash movie from the end

Simon D Graham

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum, so happy new year!

I'm very confused and very stuck with something in a flash project im constructing at work. My flash movie is made up of a container movie (Shell.swf) and several other movies which are loaded into a movieclip called Contents when they are needed.

I've made a simple mockup of some files containing the code I have implemented already.

http://www.sigraham.com/Rewind/Shell.swf

What I am trying to achieve is the following...

After clicking on the section3 button, I want to then be able to press the rewind button and watch the ball track backwards, then load section 2 and play the ball from right to left and again for section 1.

Basically, playing the entire movie in reverse.

Here are the .FLA files....

www.sigraham.com/Rewind/Shell.fla
      www.sigraham.com/Rewind/Section1.fla
      www.sigraham.com/Rewind/Section2.fla
      www.sigraham.com/Rewind/Section3.fla

If someone could have a quick look at my code and tell me where I'm going wrong, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Si.
        • 1. Re: Starting a flash movie from the end
          MotionMaker Level 1
          If the tween is made in Authoring, you need to provide a reverse version of your animation.

If the tween is using the Tween class, you can need one tween for forward and one for reverse.
          • 2. Re: Starting a flash movie from the end
            Simon D Graham Level 1
            Im not sure this method will work, as I need the movie to play forwards again once the rewind button is released. If there is a way of moving the playhead to the end of the clip before it even starts, that would be ideal.

Or equally, a way of stopping the rewind script from executing for a second or so when a new movie is loaded.

Many thanks.

Simon.
            • 3. Re: Starting a flash movie from the end
              MotionMaker Level 1
              Stopping on last frame of a MovieClip:
              movieClip_mc.stop();

Going to and stopping on last frame of a MovieClip:
              movieClip_mc.gotoAndStop(movieClip_mc._totalframes);

If you are loading external swfs and need to control them, then use the MovieClipLoader class and you can apply the methods to the container MovieClip. You would use the onLoadStart to stop on frame 1. That first frame can be blank or you could make the clip's _visible property false at that method. You would use the onLoadComplete to gotoAndStop on the _totalframes value.