6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2017 10:31 AM by jorgusan

PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup

CarlosDanger

A couple of months ago I started having problems with all of my Adobe programs, including Premiere Elements 12 and Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.  While they used to open up extremely quickly from my solid state drive, now they all will take forever to open or will usually just crash and not open at all.  I have not made any hardware or software changes that I am aware of; one day they all just decided not to work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of them as well.  Below is a sample message I get when Elements crashes:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version: 12.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 530bd24a

Fault Module Name: dvamarshal.dll

Fault Module Version: 11.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 523cc62d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000034961

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 5a5c

Additional Information 2: 5a5c7f2099c49d46ef167594373b054c

Additional Information 3: e2a1

Additional Information 4: e2a18ccc946fae77ae70bd7ffb1dd642

About my system:

Intel Core i5-4430 3gHz

Win7 Enterprise 64bit

8GB RAM

System Disk:  120GB Samsung EVO SSD

Six other hard drives of varying sizes for storage

• 1. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CarlosDanger

Have you posted your Premiere Elements CS6 issue in the Premiere Pro Forum and gotten any input there to resolve matters from the Premiere CS6 side?

With regard to Premiere CS6, do you get the same "Faulty Module Name: dvamarshal.dll"?

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit

a. Have you determined that the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

b. Have you ever updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please do so.

c. For the time being I am going to assume that the video card/graphic card has nothing to do with dvamarshal.dll...in the past that has not proven the answer..but we may go back to that.

d. Is the SSD designated Local Disk C and did you install Premiere Elements 12 to the default location there?

If you have not tried the following...please run through

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. In this case, let us delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
            CarlosDanger Level 1

Thanks for your help!

I haven't posted in the CS6 forums yet, but this is the readout when Premiere Pro CS6 crashes, so maybe there is a connection:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version: 6.0.5.0

Application Timestamp: 5211d7f5

Fault Module Name: dvamarshal.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.5.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 5211c4a9

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000030ff1

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: bc8d

Additional Information 2: bc8dea4e9dd9b75bfdb3ece306df51b9

Additional Information 3: 30fb

Additional Information 4: 30fb351fbc7092e1d1ef8fb3ee1199bc

As to the other questions:

a.  Yes, I have disabled firewall and antivirus, no difference.  I also tried booting in Safe Mode.

b.  I can't get the program to open any further than the splash screen, but that screen does identify PE as version 12.1.

c.  I don't suspect the graphics card either, since as far as I know no updates were made to its drivers/software.  I'm just using the onboard graphics on the i5 chip.

d.  Yes and yes

I tried deleting the prefs folder, but it still doesn't work.

Again, thanks for your assistance!

• 3. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CarlosDanger

Thanks for the reply.

Since you have several Adobe products installed on the same computer and you have already explored a lot of variables, I am going to ask you to try the following

Please do a free ccleaner run through (both regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) - just use the free download

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Restart the computer and determine if that computer optimization had any impact on the issue.

There is an "Adobe CCleaner" (CC as in Creative Cloud is my understanding). It is not the same as the free ccleaner to which I am pointing you. It is my understanding that the Adobe CCleaner does not have the registry cleaning opportunity that the ccleaner has.

In this approach, we are looking to clear leftover from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls for Adobe as well as non Adobe products.

Based on the results, we will think about this some more.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
                CarlosDanger Level 1

Just wanted to let you know that CCleaner seemed to do the trick!  Everything's loading now, and just as fast as it used to.  Thanks!

• 5. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

CarlosDanger

Wonderful news of your progress and good program loading. Great job in sorting through the troubleshooting to gain your success.

Please never hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: PE12 and CS6 Crash/Hang on Startup
                    jorgusan

Hi:

I have a Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 16GB Ram and 256GB SSD. The graphic Card is Intel Iris 540.

Bought the combo como Adobe Elements 15, Premiere & Photoshop and Premiere will not start.  Will not even create a event viewer entry for me to analyze. Photoshop works great.

I have already uninstalled both and rebooted on each.  Uninstalled all Adobe products. Ran CC Cleaner and looked for conflicting apps.  Even turned off my Antivirus.

Any help would be great.  I bought them last week and need to edit some videos for an activity at the end of this week.

Best Regards,

Jorge