2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 5:45 PM by yash-lucid

How do I apply in-camera settings to RAW files?

yash-lucid Level 1

Hi.

I have a Canon 60D with a picture profile installed called Cinelook. I take RAW photos while this profile is selected.

When I import my photos to lightroom, I see the colour from the profile for a few seconds, until Lightroom resets it to raw values.

How do I get these settings back?

• 1. Re: How do I apply in-camera settings to RAW files?
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

You can't.

What you see initially is the Raw file's embedded preview jpeg - so you see the "look" that the profile provides - but Lightroom then renders its own preview; and because it can't read the profile (and even if it could, wouldn't be able to apply it in a like-for-like manner: DPP should be able to, but it's not in the same league as a Raw converter), you lose its effect.

To be honest, the page you link to gives you a clue. It says:

"RAW - use Canon Digital Photo Professional to apply profiles to RAW captures!"

All you can do is try to replicate the look of the profile from within Lr and save the result as an import preset.

• 2. Re: How do I apply in-camera settings to RAW files?
            yash-lucid Level 1

Thanks for the feedback, I've also read that it's possible to convert the Pic Profile into a CUBE Lut, and using Photoshop there is a method to convert it into settings for Lr.

Thanks again for the info above.