2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 2:43 PM by Dave LaRonde

I have been unable to open After Effects CC 2014.

Tom Clifford Jr.

I have been unable to open After Effects CC 2014. My system overview, the crash error message and crash log are below. I have also installed the following After Effects update,"AfterEffects_CC_13_2_ftr" with no success. My company's IT department has been unable to solve this problem. If you have seen this crash example or can direct me to someone who might be able to help me. I would be indebted to you

Regards,

Tom Clifford

AE_Error03.pngAE_Error06.pngSystem.png

• 1. Re: I have been unable to open After Effects CC 2014.
          Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi Tom,

It seems that there are some files that need to be removed or in other words please try the below steps to Clean uninstall After Effects.

Please uninstall all the Adobe applications from your machine including Creative Cloud Desktop App, You can download & use App Cleaner for faster uninstallation.

You might not find all the listed files however. Ensure the following folders are renamed or deleted from the system:

For Mac:

~ Files / Folders ~

/tmp

/Applications/Adobe*

/Applications/.AdobePatchFiles (hidden, use Go > Go to Folder command)

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe*

/[startup disk]/Library/Application Support/Adobe*

/[startup disk]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe*

/Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Adobe*

/Users/[user]/Library/Caches/Adobe*

/Users/[user]/Library/Caches/com.adobe*

/Users/[user]/Library/Preferences/Adobe*

/Users/[user]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe*

After you clear up these files, please download and install Creative Cloud Desktop App from the link below :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-desktop.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Vinay

• 2. Re: I have been unable to open After Effects CC 2014.
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

There is an Adobe Cleaner Application that will remove all the software bits that aren't removed on an uninstall; it turns the hazards of rooting around in system folders into a no-brainer.  Sorry that I don't have a link for it, but it IS on this web site.