1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2015 4:47 PM by trshaner

In LR5 Slideshow module, my TEXT OVERLAYS box is greyed out. Cannot add text to a slide.

montyabc

In LR5 Slideshow module, my TEXT OVERLAY box is checked, but A) the rest of the box is grey, so I cannot set opacity or text style. Other features above like RATING STARS are fine. Also B) the lower panel does not show the TEXT box ABC - it has disappeared and won't return, so I cannot add text. C) Also -  will this feature allow me to add individual text to each slide independently? If not, how do I add individual text overlays to some slides in an easy manner?

• 1. Re: In LR5 Slideshow module, my TEXT OVERLAYS box is greyed out. Cannot add text to a slide.
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

montyabc wrote:

In LR5 Slideshow module, my TEXT OVERLAY box is checked, but A) the rest of the box is grey, so I cannot set opacity or text style.

You must first select a text box for the font settings to be usable.

montyabc wrote:

Also B) the lower panel does not show the TEXT box ABC - it has disappeared and won't return, so I cannot add text.

Press the 'T' key to show the Toolbar.

montyabc wrote:

Also -  will this feature allow me to add individual text to each slide independently? If not, how do I add individual text overlays to some slides in an easy manner?

In the Slideshow module click on the ABC toolbar and select Title' or 'Caption.' In the Library module's Metadata panel add the text you want to appear on each individual image in its Title or Caption entry box.