1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2015 8:50 AM by rob day

My blues turn purple while making new document

mollygriffin

Hello, I am having trouble with blues turning purple. This is not a problem when I save or export or print a document. This is a problem that occurs when I click on the FILL tool and select a color. Everytime I select a blue kind of color in the wheel, it shows up as a slightly different purple color. This does not apply to the extremely light or bright blues, but only to the deeper, more royal and navy kind of blues. They come out plum or mauve, which is nice, but not what I want. All the help forums I have seen only list problems like this when you are exporting or printing...any ideas?

I am additionally having a problem when I highlight a piece of type, and then go to change the font or font size, it automatically becomes light grey. Once that happens, it will not return to being black, even though I select the print on all plates black. Any ideas?

Also keep in mind that I am a complete 100% novice. Thanks!

• 1. Re: My blues turn purple while making new document
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a problem that occurs when I click on the FILL tool and select a color. Everytime I select a blue kind of color in the wheel, it shows up as a slightly different purple color.

It sounds like you are picking a Lab or RGB color that isn't in CMYK color gamut. When you use the Color picker make sure your cursor is in one of the R, G, or B fields before you click OK. If your cursor is in one of the CMYK fields the color will be converted to CMYK.