6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 1:26 PM by lynneburton44

How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?

karv76325917

I want to enable lightroom mobie sync as it has not working after update to both desktop and mobile app. On the app, it states that I should enable it from desktop. I have one catalog synced with mobile, but one isn't and the one I need to enable it. I have gone through every questions previously asked but no luck.

Using Liightroom CC with most up to date version. As you can see below screen shot that there is no sync boxes before each collection.

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 10.03.47 PM.png

• 1. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
          Wolf Eilers Level 4

You can sync only a single catalog. If you have one catalog currently synced to mobile but want another catalog to sync then you need to stop syncing on the first and then start syncing on the second catalog. Click the down arrow next to the identity plate to start the sync process.

• 2. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
            karv76325917 Level 1

Great. That worked. If only that was shown in the Help menu.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
              idaband

Question.... can I say sync from main desktop.... to mobile?   Check!!!!

BUT can I also have those same collections sync to Surface Pro 3? 

Syncing to Mobile works.... but I was curious if it will sync to another computer?  My surface pro 3?  Lightroom CC allows for two computers now... and my surface pro 3 is more my lightweight big mobile... 

• 4. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No you cannot use Mobile Sync to sync images to another desktop LR catalog.

The way I work with my photos on my two desktops is to put the catalog and recent photos on a USB3-attached portable drive, assign the same drive-letter to it, and swap it between the two computers.  I also replicate everything on mthis drive to another similar drive so if something happens to the one, like I drop it or lose it, then my photos are ok.

• 5. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
                  idaband Level 1

that is a bummer...I was afraid of that...

At first I messed up the syncing... I turned on sync on one computer then the other ...and the different catalogs caused the syncing to go crazy....

But now I have that fixed.

As a workflow....I'm not 100% what I'll do.  If I'm on the road I want to use my surface and use it like a mobile.  but I'll have to take the catalog with me now....which means...time to create multiple catalogs....my catalog is almost 2 gigs right now.

Thank you for the reply.  I kind of hope adobe allows a feature like this in the future...ONE main power computer and multiple "mobile" clients

• 6. Re: How to enable Lightroom Mobile sync?
                    lynneburton44

You can also keep the catalog in dropbox.  Then you don't have to worry about carrying around another drive.