5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 5:30 PM by dr_quark

Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.

dr_quark

The latest version of adobe pdf reader DC on my mobile (Samsung galaxy s5) and my tablet (tab 3) wont open pdfs. Every time I have tried it says that an error occurred and that I have to try again later. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.
          RahulTyagi_ Adobe Employee

Hi dr_quark,

Can you attach a screenshot?

Does this happen while opening a particular pdf or with all the pdf files? Also, are you trying to access files which are saved on the cloud or the ones saved on your device's local storage?.

Regards,

Rahul

• 2. Re: Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.
            dr_quark Level 1

Hi RahulTyagi4you

Thanks for your quick response in this matter, especially since its exam season and I need these pdfs more than ever.

I have tried to download pdfs from my university portal for a few days and get the same error message on my tablet, I later tried on my phone and got the same message. Thinking it was the fault of the server I tried on my computer at home and could download the pdfs just fine. I later tried to download a random pdf (the feynman lectures) and that downloaded with no issues what so ever. I have enclosed a picture of the error I get when I try to download and read pdfs from my university.1431611726408434747289.jpg

• 3. Re: Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.
              pwillener Level 8

[topic moved to Reader/Acrobat DC for Mobile forum]

• 4. Re: Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.
                RahulTyagi_ Adobe Employee

Could you provide the link via message so that we can replicate the same issue at my end?

An immediate fix for this issue would be, to download the file to your pc and then transfer those files to your tablet. Would that be work for you?

Regards,
                Rahul

• 5. Re: Adobe pdf reader DC for android doesnt work.
                  dr_quark Level 1

Unfortunatly I cannot send you a link as downloading documents from my university portal requires my username and password. I could download pdfs to my tablet from my laptop but this isn't very ideal as the main reason for me downloading pdfs on my tablet is when I'm at my university, when I don't have access to my home computer.

I never had this problem on the older version of adobe, as this problem only cropped up after I updated. I'm sorry I can't be of much help, as the problem is limited only to my university portal. Should I speak to the IT technicians at my uni about the problem, as do you think there is a problem on that end?

Regards

Benjamin