• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Adobe fonts licensed for use in ebooks?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody confirm that Adobe fonts - specifically Minion Pro - are licensed for use in ebooks as well as print books? i.e. there is no need to buy the font twice - once with a license for print, and another with a license for ebooks.

I have a client who is prepared to purchase the font with an ebook license, but on MyFonts the only option is 'desktop'. I know the permission for the font is 'Editable embedding', but we aren't sure exactly what this means.

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Minion Pro and any other fonts licensed from Adobe may be embedded in ePub and PDF files.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minion Pro and any other fonts licensed from Adobe may be embedded in ePub and PDF files.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Dov. I contacted MyFonts directly with the question, and they didn't know the answer!

Best wishes,

Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be very careful. If you license from MyFonts, especially for non-Adobe fonts, you may find very different licensing terms from what Adobe directly offers.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will buy directly from Adobe. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines