2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 12:23 PM by George A Osborne

Why are my LR CC images soft vs Photoshop CC

George A Osborne

Hi All

I have imported images into LR CC and for some reason they are soft. I have been using Lightroom since Version 2 and I am not a novice. There is something crazy going on that has me baffled. I have opened the images in Photoshop CC and they are fine. I have even exported them as Jpegs 1800 pixels LS x 300ppi and opened them up in Windows Picture Viewer and they are fine. The images are RAW taken with a Nikon D300s

George Osborne

• 1. Re: Why are my LR CC images soft vs Photoshop CC
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please show us a screenshot of the difference you're seeing zoomed to 100% in PS and LR.  And if possible upload one of the original raws to dropbox.com and post a public share link, here.

Also check to see if you are applying a Preset of some sort during import that may be making things soft.

And try viewing in LR with the GPU turned on and with the GPU turned off - LR / Prefs / Performance - to see if LR's using the GPU is causing the softness.

• 2. Re: Why are my LR CC images soft vs Photoshop CC
            George A Osborne Level 1

Hi

I am sorry it has been a while relying to your response. I had some technical issues. This is a screenshot of the image it does not fully show the difference in the sharpness but hopefully you can give me a response. I have also added another screenshot of the

difference with Windows vs LR CC. I have tried turning the GPU on and off and there is not change also there are no presets

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

Best wishes

George