16 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 9:51 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?

vaclav5x7

43min wedding project, 2.7gb. Can't burn to disc, can't find iso file.  What's wrong?  I've been working on this for three weeks.  Multiple chat sessions, uninstalled PE 11 and PE 13.  Reinstalled PE 13.  They say that the burn to disc issue is a known problem.  When I try to burn to file or ISO file, the program says it was successful, but it doesn't show up in the destination.  I've tried shorter test files, etc.  No avail.  Are other people having this problem?

• 1. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Burn to disc is not a known issue that I know of. It works fine on the vast majority of computers -- though occasionally there is an interface problem with certain disc burners.

I've had no problems burning to a disc, an ISO or a folder on any of my computers, using a variety of operating systems.

Where exactly are you burning your ISO files to? Are you then using Finder or Windows Explorer to browse to that location?

• 2. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
            ulithepipe

I am facing exactly the same issue. The program does not find the burner. Trying to burn the file into a folder works - at least I am getting the confirmation that it was successful - but I do  not find the file afterwards.The Adobe Help claims that certain burners are incompatible to Premiere Elements. Which are compatible, which are the criterias?

• 3. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vaclav

There are several known issues with regard to burn to in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

The most recent is burning to disc, folder, or ISO Image and not finding the end product format.

Several have overcome that issue by looking at the problem with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disable in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. And, then going with the choice that worked for them..

Another issue related to a burn to ISO Image when the .iso file produced has a file size of 1 GB or greater. Many have reported that use of the .iso to produce the disc product results with the player not recognizing the format on the disc.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

There are several instances where Premiere Elements  does not recognize the burner in the burn dialog's field for burner location, and there are instances where the Status field stays with Media Not Present. Many of those cases go unresolved, many try another burner and/or another disc, for some uninstall/free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) resolved the problem, some go to another video editor.

Please explore the above and let us know the outcome. Then we could discuss what next if you have not exhausted all the user troubleshooting possibilities.

Thank you .

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

ulithepipe

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please read my reply to vaclav in post 3.

Please review and consider, and supply more details. Then, if you want, we can discuss this further as it relates to your specific Premiere Elements and computer environment.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                  ulithepipe Level 1

Hi, I am running Windows 8.1 and Premiere Elements 13.1.

Regards.

ulithepipe

Von: A.T. Romano 

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2015 22:25

An: Ulrich Schulte

Betreff:  Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7546304#7546304>

• 6. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ulithepipe

Thanks for the reply with additional information about your situation.

Please let us know if you can find your Folder and/or .iso file after the burn to, with and without a check mark next to the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preferences (Edit Menu/Preferences/General).

For the burn to disc, please consider

Uninstall the usual control panel route

Free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

If you have more than one burner, also look at disabling one in Device Manager/DVD/CD-ROM drive. Burner firmware updates should also be sought and ruled in or out although most of the time, the problem goes beyond that consideration. Just in case note - have you assured that Windows 8.1's File Explorer is recognizing the burner drive?

We will be watching for your progress.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                      ulithepipe Level 1

I have installed an additional Blu Ray burner. This was recognized by the program under “Blu Ray”, not under “DVD”. I was able to burn on a Blu Ray.

The file size was around 11 GB and I am wondering whether this is related to not finding the DVD burner.

However, I was expecting that the program would select automatically a lower resolution for my film on order to fit the file on the 4,35 GB of a DVD?

Regards,

Ulithepipe

Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Mai 2015 14:37

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7548090#7548090>

• 8. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ulithepipe

Thanks for the update. Great news that you produced a Premiere Elements Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

If you have a check mark next to the burn dialog's option "Fit Content to Available Space", the program will automatically try to do just that.

What is does is lower the bitrate which decreases the file size (not the resolution) to make the fit. The preset that comes with a burn to cannot be customized by the user although you may have a choice of preset.

DVD-VIDEO example...

Before you hit the Burn button of the burn dialog, you will be aware of your situation by seeing the readings for Space Required and Bitrate in the Quality area of the burn dialog. But, the program can lower the Bitrate just so far (from max 8.00 Mbps) before it can not lower the file size further to make the fit.

Pending further information, I do not believe the file size of the source was the issue with burner recognition.

Please remind me, at the present time, what is the status of burn to disc and burner recognition for

old burner

new Blu-ray burner

when DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc

when AVCHD on DVD disc

when Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

When you used the new Blu-ray burner, did you disable or uninstall the old burner or did you just leave it as is and just not use it?

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 9. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                          ulithepipe Level 1

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions as best I can:

Setting on DVD

Old DVD burner loaded with a DVD+R: burner not found

New Blu Ray burner loaded with a DVD+R: Burner not found

Meanwhile I tried a third DVD burner with the same outcome

Setting on Blu Ray

Obviously old DVD burner not found

New Blu Ray burner with DVD+R: incompatible disc

Changing the disk in the Blu Ray burner to BD-R: ready (bereit, my computer speaks German to me:))

I was selecting the format H.264 19”= x 1080i Pal Dolby.

I did not lower the bit rate, I used the standard setting, which was 20,19 Mbit/sec, the file size was 10,83  GB. This worked perfectly.

Setting on AVCHD, the Blu Ray burner is recognized but the system reports an incompatible disc (BD-R)

Regards.

Ulithepipe

Gesendet: Montag, 18. Mai 2015 16:42

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7555694#7555694>

• 10. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

utithepipe

Thank you for the reply with an update on your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to situation on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Sorry for the delayed replay.

It is disappointing that the Premiere Elements 13.1 is not recognizing your burner when the burn to setting is for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

The good news is that the burn to Blu-ray is working for you (burner recognition and burn to disc).

It is also good that the burner is recognized when you have the burn to AVCHD. The incompatible disc is to be expected when you use a Blu-ray disc with this choice. Adobe's burn to disc AVCHD is only for a DVD disc. Were you able to get the complete success with this choice when you used a DVD disc instead of a Blu-ray disc? With the AVCHD DVD, you can create it with a regular DVD burner, but you need a Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi format players that support AVCHD DVD in order to get play back.

If the burn to problem exists for burn to DVD disc for DVD-VIDEO, you might want to consider the uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) enabled. I mentioned this in an earlier post in your thread. But, I am not sure if you have done this yet.

Please remind me if you wrote before...

a. Are you working with an Internet connection?

b. Do you have the latest verson of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13.1?

c. Are you running the program from user account with Administrative Privileges?

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                              ulithepipe Level 1

Hi,

I followed your advice and reinstalled Premiere Elements, cleaned the registry and reinstalled.

You will not believe it, the program recognized both burners, it worked for DVD, Blu Ray and AVCHD!!!

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ulithepipe

Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Mai 2015 22:56

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7571590#7571590>

• 12. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

utithepipe

Wonderful news. You did well sorting through the troubleshooting details to gain your success with Premiere Elements burn to and the burner recognition issue.

Not an easy task.

The uninstall/free ccleaner run through (regular and registry)/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) that you went with has proven for many to be the solution for this type of issue. Unfortunately not all. So, great that this worked for you.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR

• 13. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                                  dank23385138

I have exact same problem. Can't burn to DVD. Tried creating ISO file, but none created when you search for it. Even installed on more than 1 high-end Windows 7 computers. Same problem. No solution in sight.

• 14. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

dank

You address your thread to vaclav5x7 who originated this thread but who did not follow up in it.  But, utithepipe did and arrived at success.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Have you gone through the utithepipe's troubleshooting details in this thread and found that none worked to resolve the issue specific to your Premiere Elements in its computer environment?

Please supply more information about your situation and let us know what troubleshooting you did.

Thank you.

ATR

• 15. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                                      vaclav5x7 Level 1

Hi AT,

Your suggestion of

"The most recent is burning to disc, folder, or ISO Image and not finding the end product format.

Several have overcome that issue by looking at the problem with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disable in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. And, then going with the choice that worked for them.."  worked like a charm!

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I wanted to make sure that the fix worked.  I just burned a dozen copies to disc, so I'm very happy.

Particulars:

I am running Premiere Elements 13.1 on Windows 8.1.  I couldn't burn to disc directly nor to computer file.  Since I unchecked HD Graphics 2000........,

I can burn to iso files on my computer.  I encountered can of worms trying to burn iso files to disc using Microsoft tools.  I finally wound up buying a copy of Roxio burn.  Now I'm all set!

About two weeks ago, I took this problem to Adobe Chat (BOMGAR Support).  The tech took control of my computer and tried everything he could think of, to no avail.  I even uninstalled PE 13.1, and a previous copy of PE 11, and re-installed PE 13.1.  He finally said that he would have to take my case to a higher level.  He took my telephone number, but never called back.  Toward the end of this process, I decided to try this forum.  In general my expectations of forums is not very high.  More noise than substance.  This time your advice was spot on.  I am very grateful.  Thank you very much.

Jim Hayes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---

I wrote this some time ago, but apparently it didn't make it to the thread.  I'll try again

There might be some confusion with multiple user named.  I have been using my email jhayes@stny.rr.com.  and signed by jim Hayes.  AT addressed his answer to Vaclav5x7 which was an older username.  At any rate, as above, AT's post of  May 14 provided me with the correct answer to solve my problem.  I am sincerely grateful for the help!

• 16. Re: Can't burn to disc.  Burn to file, can't find file, what gives?
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim Hayes

Wonderful news. And thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

These Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn issues can be particularly troublesome, and confirmed solutions are important to all looking for answers.

That makes your report a even greater contribution. Much appreciated.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects. Never hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification.

ATR