8 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 9:37 AM by erico28130058

I am having movie trouble

erico28130058

My movie projects are suddenly growing and I am unable to download them.

• 1. Re: I am having movie trouble
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you be a bit more specific?

What movie projects? Where are you trying to download them?

How are they growing? From what size to what size?

Your movie project should be saved to your hard drive. Why are yours being uploaded some place?

• 2. Re: I am having movie trouble
            erico28130058 Level 1

Hey Steve,

I am using premiere elements 13. On two different projects my time line has expanded greatly. When I try to save it to a flash drive the file is too big. A 7 minute video can be over 3 million kb.

Eric

• 3. Re: I am having movie trouble

I'm still not quite clear on what you mean by "expanded".

I think what you're saying is that you've got a short movie and when you Publish & Share, it produces a file too large to save to your Flash drive.

If that's the case, remember that you have dozens of options available for your output. It depends on what you plan to do with the video once you output it.

If you're just outputting a video to play on another computer, try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset. This should produce a nice compact MP4 which should look terrific when played back using Quicktime or VLC Media Player.

• 4. Re: I am having movie trouble
                erico28130058 Level 1

Thanks Steve any idea why it would get to 98% and then freeze? Is that part of the settings? When I was live chatting with adobe yesterday they told me to use the following…-C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0 and then rename 13.0…does this make sence to you? I am afraid I am not very savvy when it comes to the editing process.

• 5. Re: I am having movie trouble

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What do you plan to do with the video you're outputting from your final project?

Before we recommend a workflow, we need to know your starting and ending point.

• 6. Re: I am having movie trouble
                    erico28130058 Level 1

Hey Steve,

I have a cannon XA20. It is only a few months old, and shoots great pictures. I have only been having this problem for a couple of weeks. I work for the county I live in and we are just showing the movies on monitors we have in our different museums. So we put the movies on thumb drives. They are only 5 to 7 minutes long.

• 7. Re: I am having movie trouble

First, make sure your camcorder is set to record in one of the AVCHD modes and not in MP4 mode. This will give you the highest quality video as well as video that is most compatible with Premiere Elements.

Once you've edited the video in your Premiere Elements project, you can output it for viewing using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset. This should give you a nice, compact video that will look terrific when viewed on a computer using Quicktime or the VLC Media Player.

• 8. Re: I am having movie trouble
                        erico28130058 Level 1

Thanks Steve, I will try