8 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 7:31 PM by kbratcher

How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?

kbratcher Level 1

Please help me figure out how to export my video to an MP4 from Premiere Elements 13.  All the tutorials I've found say to go to the Computer optoin in Publish+Share, but the only option that appears in my Publish+Share is "Social Websites."  My video is too large/long to use the Social Websites feature.  I also can not locate an "Export" button in any of the menus other tutorials have suggested. I am grateful for any guidance/assistance.  My project is for work and is due this week. I didn't think exporting it woudl be the hardest part!  Thank you.

• 1. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kbratcher

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet? If not, please do so. However, I believe you have a more pressing issue if your Publish+Share/ contains only Social Websites".

1. Does the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you working with an Internet connection, have QuickTime current version installed, and are running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges?

3. How did you install the program - purchased download of installation files or installation disc purchased in box packaging from retailer?

We could try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists, but I think that we will need more than that from the description of your issue. Consequently, depending on your answers to the above, we will cut to

Uninstall

Do free ccleaner run through

Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

More specific information will be given once we know the computer operating system involved.

Please review and consider and then we will be guided by the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
            kbratcher Level 1

Hi A.T.,

Thank you for your reply. It’s proven beneficial already.  I installed Quicktime 7.7.6 and updates for Elements and the “Computer” option appears now in my Publish+Share. However, when I exported the video (AVCHD, MP4), I can only open the Audio File and I get an error message when I try to open the video portion.  My goal is to Export the video/audio together so I can post it on YouTube (it’s over an hour long).  When I tried to save it, it froze with :05 min left to go.l

In answer to your previous questions:

I am using Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64-Bit OS.  I installed updates this morning.

I do not have the ability to disable antivirus or firewall (work won’t allow that).

I am working with Internet, I just installed QuickTime 7.7.5 for Windows.

Do you know how I can get it so video/audio open together after I export it?

Thanks so much! –Kim

• 3. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kim

Thanks for the reply with the great news of progress. Great job.

What are the properties of the files that you imported into the project and are now trying to export?

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

Pixel Aspect Ratio

File Extension

If not sure, we might be able to get the information on this that we need from the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video.

What are you export settings

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = ?

After you select a choice for Presets, are you using the default settings for the preset selected or are you customizing the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tabl of the preset?

Just to be safe, select your preset, click on the Advanced Button. At the top of the Export Settings customization area, there should be a place for a check mark next to Video and Audio. Is there a check mark for Video there? When you export the Timeline content, you should be getting one file. And, when that file plays back in your player, you should be seeing the video and hearing the audio. Are you exporting and getting two files, one for the audio and one for the video. If that is the case, this sounds like a "Multiplexer Tab" issue. Please click on that Advanced Button, and this time click on the Multiplexer Tab. What are the settings there for Multiplexer and Stream Compatibility?

Please review and consider the above. Then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
                kbratcher Level 1

Hi A.T.,

Thanks for not giving up on me.

I don’t know the properties of the video; my company hired a guy to record these breakout sessions at our annual meeting and the video was uploaded in HighTail.  I downloaded the video onto my laptop (all 11 hours worth) and spent a fair amount of time editing out the stuff we don’t need in there.  The clip I’m trying to export now is 1 hour and 9 minutes.

When I tried to export the file, I was hoping I could simply export  (or Save As) an Mp4 or MPEG4 and then upload it to YouTube.  My guess is the video is HD, but I don’t really know.  When I exported, I selected AVCHD because it was the option that had MP4.  The first time I tried, when I got the separate audio/video versions, I think I selected MP4-H264 1440X1080p, Fps:24.  The second time, I tried YouTube WideScreen HD, (File: H.264; Frame Size: 1280X720; Frame Rate: 24).  I don’t know what these numbers mean, they just appeared when I selected YouTube WideScreen HD from the dropdown menu in Presets.

The Audio Setting shows: AAC, 64kbps, 44kHz, Stereo.

I am using the default settings.

I have checkmarks next to  Export Video and Export Audio.

I just clicked on Multiplexer and the settings are: MP4 and Standard.

Yes, I was getting two separate files when I exported, one video and one audio.  Though that’s not what I wanted.

I hope that answers everything.  Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it.

-Kim

650-339-4393

• 5. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kim

Thanks for the reply.

Focus 1

It is important to get the properties of the file(s) that you are importing into the project. Let us try this approach to get that information.

Import the video into the project - Expert workspace, Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. Right click the thumbnail for the file that appears in Project Assets. From the pop up menu, select Properties and tell us what is listed there. The following is an example of the Properties dialog (this is for a sample wmv video that I have)

sample.JPG

Are you saying that, when you import the video/audio file into the project and it is on the Timeline, you can see the video and hear the audio of the file from the Edit area monitor? Is it only when you export the Timeline, that you lose the video?

Focus 2

If you are in Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1440 x 1080p24 and default settings, there should be no way to get the Timeline exported as two separate files (one with a .aac file extension and the other with a .m4v file extension). But you are getting 2 files. Is it the .aac and .m4v set?

The 2 files sounds like it is associated with the Multiplexer Tab Multiplexer = None instead of MP4.

To Do

1. Find the properties of the imported media.

2. Make sure of the integrity of the QuickTime install. Did you download the latest version of QuickTime from

https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and determine if you have a list of choices under the Presets field there.

3. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (settings file/preferences)...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

4. It is important that Premiere Elements be run from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and sometimes Run As Administrator as well. Depending on how things go, we may have to involve you company's computer people regarding possible company network security involvement in this.

We will be watching for your progress. Any question or need clarify, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
                    kbratcher Level 1

Hi A.T.,

You did it!  Thank you so much.  Your advice to click the Multiplexer made the difference and the video exported as one file and I was able to upload it to Youtube.  I never would have figured that out without you.  Thank you so much.  I am so grateful.  This video is now complete.  (I have 6 more to export and edit, and hope they all go smoothly.)  With any luck, you won’t hear from me again!

• 7. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

kbratcher

Thanks for the really great news of success. You were the one who did it with the communication of details and the follow through on the troubleshooting. Great job. I am applauding your success.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification. I typically write that, but I mean it.

Very pleased with your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: How do you export video to MP4 from Premiere Elements 13 if there is no "Computer" option in your Publish+Share?
                        kbratcher Level 1

Thank you A.T.

Thanks for your patience and dedication.

Have a wonderful week.