1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2015 2:59 PM by Daniel Sterchi

New Macbook Air; joined CreativeCloud downloaded LR6;  photo files on external HD with two backups

fibberslodge Level 1

A lot of changes all at once.  Bought a new MBAir, migrating from MBPro with LR5.7; on the new MBAir, downloaded Creative Cloud, LR6 and PS CC, successfully move catalogue and previews from MBPro to MBAir;  Original 1TB external drive is over half full and have decided to change to one of my backup HDs (2TBs) as may main external storage.  How do I get LR6 to recognize this drive as the location of my photo files?

• 1. Re: New Macbook Air; joined CreativeCloud downloaded LR6;  photo files on external HD with two backups
          Daniel Sterchi Adobe Community Professional

Hi fibberslodge

• You can set your default catalog in the dialog  (Lightroom - Preferences) there «Default Catalog».

• If LR does not find a catalog it will show a dialog «Lightroom catalog was not found». Click «Choose a Different Catalog». In the next Windows there might see your catalog already. If not click on «Choose a different Catalog» and check «Always load this catalog on startup»

• If there is a catalog in «~/Pictuers», start LR while holding down the «ALT-Key». Then the «Select Catalog» Dialog will be shown, which is basically the same dialog as the «Lightroom catalog was not found» dialog. Then do as written above.

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)