1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2015 5:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Reconnect All Missing Files feature broken in Premiere Elements 13

pitsypie

In Adobe Premiere Elements 13, the "Reconnect All Missing Files" feature doesn't work.  It can search through my catalog and find the 1000+ files whose location is not reachable, and starts to prepare them with thumbnails flashing... THEN, it just quietly says "There are no missing files to reconnect".  However, if you go to an individual file that is missing, you can manually reconnect the individual file.  So, my conclusion is that this is a bug... You can manually reconnect an individual file, and there is a feature that knows how to reconnect multiple files... BUT when it comes to actually performing the mass change, it breaks.  I tried to connect with a support rep via chat and have been waiting an hour... So, submitting as a bug and hope you contact me ASAP.

• 1. Re: Reconnect All Missing Files feature broken in Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pitsypie

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

Please consider completing your contact with Adobe Chat and reaching a conclusion with it one way or the other.

Are you still connected online to Adobe Chat waiting your turn?

If and when you decide that you are dealing with a bug, then you should consider filing the Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form.

But there are no immediate individual answers via that route.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you are on a path to Adobe Chat, you are going in the right direction.

If the above approaches does not help, I will comment further.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR